Birth Day to Party

In the dark I laid beside Logan stroking his chest with a warm feeling inside knowing that he would not have to leave Fitz and me again.

"A-c-e, what's going on in that head of yours?"

Smiling at his long time reference when he knew I was deep in thought, I answered, "just thinking how wonderful it is that your days of traveling are over."

He reached to give me a squeeze, saying, "ahh, me too, Ace. Me too. Listen, you do know that I was teasing about not wanting to hear all about the day our beautiful son was born. I so want you to tell me everything."

"Logan, you don't....oh my god...wait, Logan, I forgot that my mom had recorded some of the birth on her phone. I had her send it to me and I have never looked at it. Because, why would I look at it when I actually lived it. Besides it might gross me out. I can't believe I forgot about this."

"Ace, slow down. Where is your phone? Let's look at it then."

Rory went in search of her phone and returned quickly to their bed. Scrolling through her videos from a year ago, it didn't take long to discover it. She and Logan sat together in the bed with anticipation as she opened the file. Thank goodness it was taken from the head position. Lorelai narrated saying, "now as the last push comes from the most beautiful, bravest daughter ever"..... Rory's very red, scrunched face comes into view and the sound of the doctor's voice saying 'that's it, push—push.' The next second you hear a small cry and the doctor announces, "it's definitely a boy." Fitz is placed on Rory's chest with some white film and a little blood on him.

"Oh my god, Ace. Look...I'm so totally in awe," Logan whispered as he reached for Rory's hand and brought it to his lips for a kiss. "You're amazing. This is amazing."

"Hey, I wish it was longer but it wasn't too bad. My mom, as usual, is over the top. It was good, wasn't it?"

"It's fantastic. You were fantastic. I'm just ecstatic to have that one minute and, hey, that's better than nothing. You did good, Ace."

Rory put her phone away, turned the light out and slid back into Logan's arms. His sweet kisses began at the hollow of her neck.

"Logan, I've been thinking about where I want to get married."

"Tomorrow, Ace. Tomorrow."

She smiled as he made his way down her body.

* * * * * * * * * *

Friday turned out to be a very busy day. Logan made his way to New York to take most of his clothes and get them put away. He was having deliveries made for last minute preparations for Fitz and Rory to move in as well.

Rory had her hands full with readying the house for the next day's party. She had Amy come to watch Fitz while she was doing all her organization. Plus, that night they were going to dinner at the Huntzberger's to tell them they were engaged.

By the time Logan had returned from the city it was past 5 o'clock. Finding Rory having just showered, he went in to greet her. "Hi, Ace," he said kissing her cheek and pulling her into his arms. "Mm hmm, you smell good. I missed you today."

"I missed you too, Logan," she said returning his kiss. "Did you get everything accomplished that needed your attention in the city?"

"Yes, pretty much. How about you? Everything all ready for the big party tomorrow?"

"Yeah, it's all handled. I think the party is going to turn out great and I can't wait."

"You do love to celebrate birthdays don't you, Ace?"