Answers

"Really, Logan? Is this some kind of joke? Some kind of payback?"

"Ace, don't be ridiculous. I think we've matured enough to move beyond that kind of behavior."

"So, you have to think about it?

"I didn't say I had to think about it. I just asked if I could give you my answer tomorrow?"

"O-k-a-y? I'm confused."

Logan pulled me into his arms. "You just have to trust me. Do you trust me?" He kissed my forehead.

I looked into his eyes. All I saw was the usual spark in his eyes and nothing in his face was saying he was upset. "Alright, I'll trust you."

"Good. Now, let's go to sleep." He pulled me into his arms in our usual position with my back pressed up against him. "Good-night, sweetie."

"Good-night, Logan."

I wondered what was going on with Logan. What was he up to? I went over our relationship in the last six weeks and couldn't think of anything that would cause him not to want to marry me. After several more minutes I could hear Logan's heavy breathing. He certainly didn't seem to be stressed about anything. I soon drifted off myself.

I opened my eyes and realized that we were still cuddled up together as when we went to sleep. So, I thought to myself, today Logan will give me his answer. Carefully, I removed myself from his arms and went to the kitchen.

Logan came into the kitchen fifteen minutes later. "Good morning, Ace. How did you sleep?"

"Good morning, Logan. I slept very well."

He sat down at the kitchen table and picked up the paper. We read together in silence for about 30 minutes. Do you want to split a bagel?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to go for a run first."

He went to get ready and returned. Kissing my cheek, he said, "I'll be back shortly, Ace."

"Okay." I just stared at the door as he left. So, I guess he'll bring up his answer when he's ready.

Picking up my phone, I sent my mom a text asking how Fitz was and told her that I would call later today. As I was finishing reading the paper, Logan returned from his run.

"So, Ace, I was thinking we could do lunch in one of London's best Mexican restaurants. I think you'll really like it," he said as he fixed his bagel and grabbed a cup of coffee. "Then, I want to take you somewhere we've never been before."

"You know I love me some Mexican so that sounds great. And, where might you be taking me?"

"Aah, Ace, that is a surprise. No more questions. You'll just have to trust me," he answered with that famous smirk.

"Logan Huntzberger, what the hell are you up to?"

"I said no more questions." He pulled me up close to him and offered, "let's spend a couple hours relaxing here on the sofa. What do you say?" Then he kissed me hard on the lips and gave me a wink.

"Okay, I'll let you off the hook for now."

We spent the next couple of hours enjoying a lazy Sunday morning watching an old favorite movie of ours. Logan played with my hair the whole time and would give me a kiss on the cheek or neck every so often. I was dying to know what he was hiding from me. He was always going all out to make sure I would be surprised with his plans. When the movie ended, he pulled me down to lie beside him. I'd always loved times like this. Just him and me cuddled up together talking quietly about things.