Blessings

"What the hell," Logan shouted as the plane slammed onto the runway and then began bouncing hard sideways. Just minutes before, the flight attendant did her last check for trays in the upright position and notifications of all mobile devices to be stowed away. 'Damn,' he had said to himself when he was trying to send Ace a text. 'I hope she gets it.' Just as the plane tried to land, my phone went flying out of my hand with the impact.

Now he had a death grip on his armrests as the plane continued to bounce all over the place. The attendant was trying to make an announcement that everyone should stay in their seat and be calm. It seemed the rear wheels had skidded off the runway and the pilot had no control. When the aircraft finally came to a stop somewhere in the middle of a field,we were instructed to leave all our belongings behind. We were lined up to begin exiting the plane immediately in case of fire. I grabbed my laptop anyway and prepared to make my way down the blow-up slides from the plane. The sound of all the emergency vehicles converging upon us, made me realize the seriousness of the incident. I wasn't aware until that instant that my heart rate was probably beating off the scale.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

It was now nearing 3 o'clock in the morning and I was still awake wondering where Logan is. Deciding I wasn't going to get much sleep the rest of the night, I got up. Quietly going downstairs I cautiously checked the news to see if there had been any reports of plane crashes. Thank god there weren't. I just couldn't figure out what could possibly have happened. 'Might as well make some coffee,' I thought to myself. I'll wait until he gets here because I know he's coming. He asked me to be his wife and he loves me. He adores Fitz.

The smell of coffee conjured up so many images in my mind of my mom and me over the years. Now, though, the images included Logan. He was there waiting by the coffee cart for me more than once and paid for one to follow me all day when he wanted to get me back. Plus, he knew my true love of very good coffee. The clock was now passing 3:30 a.m. I put my head in my hand and willed to hear the sound of Logan coming in the door. Sitting in silence for a few more minutes, I was surprised when I did hear a car door slam closed. Standing up and wiping my wet cheeks, I waited for him to come in the house. After a couple minutes of waiting, I went outside to see if it was him for sure. No Logan in sight. I didn't dream that sound, so I headed for the pool house thinking he might have gone there so not to wake me.

When I saw a light, I knew. Opening the door and calling his name, he came sweeping me up in his arms. Holding me so tight I almost couldn't breathe, and then he started peppering my face with kisses. He kept repeating, "Rory, Rory! I love you."

"Logan, what's wrong? Let me look at you," I said as I stepped back. Tears were rolling down his face. His clothes are dirty and disheveled. There is a scratch on his hand. "I've been worried sick. What happened?"

He grabbed me again and hugged me. "The plane hit the runway like we'd been shot off into space. It began bouncing and sliding off to the right, then finally stopped in the middle of a field. When we got out and all the sirens were coming at us, it finally hit me how lucky I'd been. What if something had gone wrong when we were up in the air? I wouldn't be able to ever see you again, make you my wife or see Fitz grow up. God, Ace, it was bone chilling."

"Logan, you're alright though. You look alright, physically anyway."

"I am. I'm just so damn glad to be here."

"Come on let's go into the house. You can get a shower and go to bed. I know you're exhausted."

Logan made his way up to our bedroom and just dumped his clothes. I was in the bed waiting for him when he climbed in smelling clean and fresh.