Family

A/N:  I'm only changing a sentence to allow for the fact that Mitchum and Shira did meet Fitz back in Part 10.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  There's always drama with the Huntzbergers as we know.

Logan and I enjoyed our morning coffee with Fitz as I fed him breakfast.

Looking up from the paper, Logan said, "Ace, we need to go shopping for birthday presents."

"You want all three of us to go out tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we could. Our first family outing together."

"Good, it's all set then. I'm going to take Fitz to my mom's in a little bit for our therapy appointment this afternoon. She's going to keep him overnight."

"Okay. Listen, there's something I hate to bring up, but my folks want us to come for lunch. Would Sunday suit? I think it might be a good idea for them to get to know Fitz a little better before his birthday party."

"Oh, crap Logan. I'm not looking forward to that, but I guess we should make the effort. Maybe I'll make some brownie points with Shira."

He came over giving me a kiss on the cheek and saying, "thanks, Ace. I owe you."

"You sure do buster. And I know how to make you pay."

"Ooh, you going to hurt me?"

With an innocent sounding, "little oh, me? Never," I said as I pinched his side hard.

"Ouch."

"Did I damage that pretty skin of yours?"

"You just wait, Rory Gilmore," he said as he started tickling me.

Laughing and trying to get away from him, I was saying, "Logan, stop, stop," as I continued to laugh and squirm.

We heard this loud giggle coming from Fitz. Logan and I both stopped and looked at him. He was slapping his high chair tray and staring at both of us with a great, big giggle.

"He is the most adorable baby, Ace."

"Yes, he is. That's because he's ours." I looked at Logan. He had gone still holding on to my waist.

"That's right. Because he's ours." He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I went over to get Fitz out of his high chair and get him dressed. "You think Mommy and Daddy are funny? Yes, you do. I'm going to eat him up. Yum, yum, yum," I said snuggling his belly.

"Listen, you don't mind if I don't go with you to Stars Hollow, do you? I could get a little work done while you're gone."

"No, that's fine. I'll spend a little time with my mom and be back by one."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I pulled up in the familiar drive looking at my childhood home. In a way I was a little sad that Fitz wouldn't grow up in Stars Hollow. But, this way he would always associate it with his grandparents. There will be some pretty good memories to have.

"Hey, mom," I announce as we enter the front door.

"In here, kid," she answered from the kitchen.

"What are you doing?," I asked as she was looking through piles of brochures.

"I've talked Luke into taking me on a second honeymoon?"

"Mom, you'll only be married two years. A second honeymoon already?"