Ordinary Days

Logan liked the Thai restaurant. It was pretty difficult to surprise him, but for once I was able to pull it off. We spent the rest of the night at my house in bed. Ever the charmer that he was, we enjoyed our time together with slow, sweet lovemaking. Logan was very attentive with his sweet words, caresses and kisses. We languished together late into the night. He had pulled me deeper into our relationship, knowingly or not, and I was falling more and more in love with him.

As morning came, I eased out of the bed and left Logan to sleep. After brushing my teeth and splashing my face, I made it to Fitz' room. He sat quietly in his bed looking at me as I entered. A big smile appeared as I picked him up. Giving him a kiss, I took him to change his diaper. "Did Mommy's boy sleep good? Yeah, I think you did." He giggled and showed me his two little upper teeth. Kicking his legs vigorously he wouldn't be still. I noticed a tiny glint of white in his lower mouth. Looking closely, I saw that he was getting a new tooth. "It might be a fussy day, huh, baby boy? Well, I think Daddy will be glad he's hereto see something new is happening to his Buddy."

As Logan began to wake, he realized he was alone in the bed. Rory must be seeing to Fitz. He laid there a minute thinking about last night. She was, without a doubt, the most intoxicating woman he had ever made love to. Those brilliant blue eyes of hers were like the Caribbean sea calling me to drift away into oblivion. The tiniest little smile would always be set on her lips and then she would lightly touch my face. To me she was just pure magic. A month ago I was mad as hell at her and now here we were acting like this idealistic family. With a little chuckle, Logan got out of bed. Man was he glad he had decided to read the book and storm into that book signing. Even though Rory and I have gotten over being mad and we had both said we loved each other, I wanted more. Much more.

Coming down the stairs Logan could hear Rory talking to Fitz. As he entered the kitchen and breakfast nook, she and his son looked up.

"Good morning," I greeted them both. Giving her a kiss on the cheek, I said in my deepest voice possible while staring into those amazing eyes, "I really enjoyed last night, Ace."

Staring back with the slightest blush appearing, she said, "Good morning. I did too, Logan. I did, too." She reached for my hand and gave a little squeeze.

Looking at Fitz, I gave him a pat on the head as he ate his breakfast. "How is my little man this morning?"

Fitz began slapping his high chair tray while Rory said, "We have something to show you, Daddy. Don't we, Fitz?"

"Don't tell me he's walked and I missed it?"

"No. No walking yet." Just a minute while I get his face wiped. Rory said to her son, "Yeah, you want to show Daddy, yes you do, huh?" Fitz responded with"DA-da".

Logan was getting a cup of coffee and was thrilled to hear that word again coming from his beautiful son.

"No, that's not it." Rory wiped his mouth and picked him up.

Logan stood against the kitchen counter watching his two favorite people in the world. Rory came over to him holding Fitz.

Pulling down Fitz' bottom lip a little, she said, "look at my new tooth, Daddy."

Seeing the tiniest bit of white, Logan looked at Rory and his eyes said it all. He felt a powerful connection to them both in that second. The most common thing as your child getting a new tooth had made him feel so much more a part of their lives. He was experiencing something as a first-time dad.

"Oh, Ace. Isn't that something? Before we know it, he'll have a whole mouth full of teeth."

"That's right. And a beautiful but bewitching smile just like his father's. Can you start some breakfast while I get him bathed and changed? We're still going shopping today, right?"