With This Ring

Logan stood at the window looking out at the beautiful fall leaves. His mind drifted back to that night two years ago when he knew that Rory was saying good-bye to him. I had handed her the key to her room and she asked me where my room was—asking me to show her. Even though we always made magic when we were together, that night had been beyond magical. She laid in my arms for hours afterward. The moonlight shown through the window and I could see her beautiful face staring up at me with glistening eyes.

At the time I thought I should go through with my family's dynastic plan of marrying Odette. I had been a fool trying to gain any kind of approval from my father that I was worthy of the Huntzberger name. Rory was the only woman who brought unbounded joy and happiness to my life and I should have gone with my heart, not my head that night. Whatever it was—fate, destiny or unknown forces—I don't know, but I'll forever be thankful she wrote me and our child into her story.

Tomorrow she'll be standing beside me where I've wanted her to be for so many years. I'll make promises and she'll make promises that will bind us together forever. Reconnecting four months ago, our continued journey of loving each other and finding our way through therapy has taught me that I am worthy. I am worthy of Rory's love and deserve it. I am worthy to call myself a Huntzberger, not because of the name but, because I've worked hard to be who I am. I've learned that mistakes are part of life, but we can move on from them.

Rory sat in the small cottage that had been built on the King's Head Inn property daydreaming about what would be happening tomorrow. There was a knock at the door. She went to find Honor standing there. "Rory, I didn't want to call too late. Logan asked that I bring you this." She handed me a beautifully wrapped package.

"Thank you, Honor."

"I don't want to keep you as I know you'll want to get your beauty sleep. Good-night, Rory. See you tomorrow," she said, with a wink, in her soft, sing song voice.

Rory opened the tiny card attached to the package. "For your beguiling eyes." Love L

Lifting the lid from the box, she found an exquisite deep blue, emerald cut stone pendant. The bail was gold for attaching to her pearls, she assumed. Under the stone was a card which read: Aquamarine, a stone for courage and protection. She was in awe of the size of the stone and the beauty of it.

Picking up her phone, she texted Logan: "I love it, but I think it is way too generous. How did  you know it'd be perfect for tomorrow?" R

There was an immediate ping back to her. "A little birdie told me it might go very well with what you'll be wearing tomorrow. Besides it matches those fabulous eyes of yours so well. You deserve that and more." L

Rory sent back her response: ♥♥♥

The next morning Rory woke up slowly having had a very restful sleep. Lorelai had insisted that she and Luke keep Fitz in their room to be sure she enjoyed a good night's rest. After some wonderful coffee and fabulous pastries, she, Lane, Paris and Lorelai headed off to a salon for the full works on their nails, face and hair. Along the way there would be a little champagne and small bites for lunch. Emily had declined to join them and hired someone to come to the inn for her. Fitz was in the hands of Shira and Mitchum. They could handle him for a few hours, at least.

Finally, the time had arrived for Rory to make her walk down the staircase at the inn. She had decided that she would make the walk without any of her parents beside her. They had all played a big part in her life whether they were physically there or not. Lorelai, Luke, April, Christopher, Gigi, Emily, Shira, Mitchum, Honor, Josh, Lane, Zack, Paris, Doyle, Colin, Stephanie, Robert, Juliet, Rosemary and the incomparable Finn had all been apart of her and Logan's love story. While some had taken longer than others, they had all been their cheerleaders in the end. Honor's lovely daughter Holly was making her way down the aisle dropping sunflower petals as she went.