Settling

Later that night, after Fitz had been put to bed, Logan and Rory were sitting together on their sofa. "So, Ace, I never knew you tried on the ring."

As Rory looked up at him smiling, she noticed he had a very serious expression on his face. "Yeah. My mom had left in her car and I was all alone. There were just a couple of boxes left in the room. The ring box sat on one of the boxes. I took the ring out, put it on and admired how beautiful it was. It was true that I did smile for one brief moment."

"So, it seems that both of us made decisions based on family obligations. Me to marry Odette hoping for any kind of approval from my father and you because of all that your mother had sacrificed."

"So it seems, Logan."

"Hey, how about we make a promise to always, always let our children make their own choices and that they never know about the sacrifices we made for them. I don't ever want them to feel burdened by family obligations like we did."

"Sounds like a promise I'd like very much to make."

He entwined by fingers with his and brought my hand to his lips for a kiss. "Thank you for sharing that memory with me."

"You're welcome, Logan. Listen, how about we look at the calendar and pick our wedding date."

"Huh? So, you do really want to get married?"

"Ha! Ha! You're so funny. I was thinking September 28th. Does that work for you?"

"Whatever you want baby. I can make my calendar work."

"Okay, I'll call to see if the inn is available. Does Colin still own it?"

"I guess so. It hasn't been mentioned since that last night we were there."

"Well, I was thinking since it's going to be small, I would just ask Lane and Paris to be my bridesmaids. So, are you going to have Colin and Finn be your groomsmen?"

"Um, I'll likely have Colin as my best man. So, we'll need Finn and Robert to be the groomsmen. Is that alright?"

"Yes, that will work. Honor's not going to be upset if I don't ask her to participate?"

"Nah, she'll be fine with anything."

"Okay, that sounds like a plan. I guess I'm chosen to pass the date and place on to the rest of the family?"

"I will love you forever, if you would," he answered with a smirk.

"You're going to love me forever anyway. No deal. What do I get for having to listen to your mother and my grandmother squabble over the 'big' society party?"

"You want somewhere warm for our honeymoon? How about warm tropical breezes and a turquoise beach?

"It sounds perfect. Just the two of us secluded somewhere. Tell me where?"

"There's this charming town south of Cancun, Mexico called Playa del Carmen and nearby are lots of all-inclusive resorts. We can spend days on the beach or go snorkeling or swim in a cenote or visit the Mayan ruins."

"Ooh, let's do them all, especially the ruins."

Logan chuckled. "I knew you'd love that part. Your mind is a mysterious thing, Ace. Okay, enough planning for one night."

"Come here and imagine you're going to have a relaxing massage while we're honeymooning. I'm your masseur and of course you have to disrobe before I begin. Let me help you with those garments Miss Gilmore."