Reflecting

Later that night after we had had dinner and I put Fitz to bed, I went into the study. It was always a place that brought me peace, probably because I could still feel the presence of Richard Gilmore in that room. Walking around the room I touched some of his books and picked up pieces that had been special to him. I came to the picture of him hanging on the wall. It was one when he was younger—probably when I was first going to Chilton. He had always been my cheerleader and encouraged me to follow my dreams. I missed his physical presence in my life. The Gilmore girls had not been quite the same since Richard Gilmore had passed away.

I wondered what Grandpa would think about Logan and I having a child together. He probably wouldn't like that we weren't married even though he always liked Logan. The time he came to Yale going on and on about us getting married and telling Logan, "welcome to the family, son." Logan looked like he was going to have a heart attack. We laughed about it later—Logan saying that it was a damn good come back to his, Colin's and Finn's stunt in my class that one day. Some people thought that Logan was like Christopher but I always thought he was more like Grandpa. I remembered how Grandpa had looked at Grandma that day at the vow renewal as she was walking down the aisle. The look of love on his face for her after 40 years together. I had seen Logan look at me that way a couple of times.

THE Logan Huntzberger had turned out to be funny, very intelligent, compassionate, romantic and oh, so hot under the sheets. And, of course, there was that face with a smile that could melt glaciers. Almost from the very beginning of our meeting, it was obvious that we had this powerful connection. We had this need to be touching each other--like a fire was burning inside each of us that could never be put out. From the very first time I kissed him and he kissed me back I knew, then, that Logan Huntzberger had captured my heart.

Looking into Grandpa's eyes in that portrait I spoke out loud, "yes, you were right to convince me to go to Yale. It changed my life forever."

Hearing my phone ringing I made a run to the living room to answer it. "Hey, Logan."

"Ace, you OK? You sound out of breath."

"I'm fine. Just had to run from the study, that's all."

"Well, just wanted to let you know that I made it back to London. It's really late here and I didn't get much sleep on the plane."

"I won't keep you. But, Logan, just one thing. I'm coming to London."

"Oh my god, that's fantastic. I can't wait."

"Me either. Listen, you get some sleep and I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Alright. Thanks, Ace. I love you."

"I love you, too, Logan."

As I went to bed that night, I contemplated about taking Fitz to London. I really didn't want to be away from him for that long. But, at the same time I thought it would be a good idea to give Logan all of my attention. I decided I'd talk to Mom about it.

Early the next morning I headed off to Stars Hollow. Pulling up at The Dragonfly Inn I was excited to talk to her.

As Lorelai was at the front desk, she was pleasantly surprised to see her beautiful daughter and grandson come through the front door. "Well, hello you two. This is a nice surprise."

"Hi, Mom."

"What brings you to The Hollow today?"

"Can't we just come for a visit?"

"Well, sure, kid. Go sit down in the dining room and I'll be right with you."

Rory and Fitz went to find a table and Lorelai joined them in a couple of minutes. She had ordered some coffee before taking a seat. "So, let Grandma have a look at this precious boy," she said as she took Fitz from Rory's lap.