Telling

As the door closed, I leaned against it putting my hand on my stomach. My god, being that close to Logan again was so, so unnerving but amazing at the same time. The smell of him—it was just—it was Logan. And he's coming back for dinner. "Stop it! Get a grip Rory. You're still mad at him"—I told myself.

"It's time to put my pretty, baby boy down for a nap. Did you like seeing your daddy for the first time? He's a cutie just like you. Yes he is, sleepy boy."

Picking up my phone I couldn't wait any longer to make this call.

"Hey, kid. What's up?

"Do you want me to start with the "you're not going to believe who was at my house today" or from yesterday when my book signing finally ended?"

"Uh, the juicy stuff first. Spill it."

"Logan Huntzberger."

"Huh? Wait, Logan, the father of your baby, Logan, was at your house today. He saw Fitz?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Shut the front door. Okay, start from the beginning. How did this happen?"

"I had about an hour left at the book signing yesterday, when a book was laid in front of me and two familiar hands slamming down on the table. Through clenched teeth he asked me if the ending of the book was true. Boy, was he mad. I told him the Q&A was before the book signing and that a highly educated Yale graduate like himself should know the answer. Then, he said 'that's bull shit Rory'."

"Ooohh, you didn't say that, for real?"

"Yes, I did. I also asked him what right he had coming in there and talking to me like that. Then, I told him to go outside. When I went outside, he apologized for losing it. I went with him to his hotel and we talked. Just a little hashing of things, but we didn't get anywhere. He said he couldn't listen to my messages. He couldn't take going down another road with me."

"Wow, just wow. So, how did today happen?"

"I invited him to meet Fitz. He brought Finn with him. Of course, he was blown away by Fitz. I mean, even though he is my child, he's just so precious. We talked some more. I told him I didn't want him to get involved in Fitz' life if he's not going to commit fully. He said he was going to get transferred back to New York. And, get this--he didn't marry Odette or anyone."

"Noooo! He's not married. Hmm, kid—could get interesting."

"Listen, Odette was killed in an accident three weeks before the wedding. He told me they had decided not to marry anyway. They didn't love each other."

"What, she was killed. Oh my god, Rory. That's awful."

"Yeah, I know. He sort of cut off the conversation and we went back in the main house."

"Wait, you were in the pool house?"

"Yes, Mom. What?"

"Well, you have a lot of history in that pool house."

"Nothing happened but conversation. I'm not getting into another relationship with Logan."

With a little chuckle, Mom said, "Rory, r-e-a-l-l-y. The guy you could NEVER quit. The guy you share a child with and now apparently are going to be co-parenting—uh, huh. Yeah. Okay. Let's see how that goes."

"I'm still really mad at him. So, I've caught you up. He's coming back to the house for dinner and to spend more time with Fitz. I need to go get some laundry done."