Bumps

"Logan, you know I lived in New York before."

"Ace, really! Brooklyn doesn't count. I'm talking Manhattan here. There's nothing like it, plus you'll have me to pester everyday."

"Hey, I was paying my own way—knocking on doors and trying to get the stories. Brooklyn is close."

"Yeah, I'm proud of what you did on your own. But, close doesn't count when it comes to the Big Apple."

I smiled at him and was tired of making him wait. "Well, if I can pester you everyday, why not?"

"Rory Gilmore, you're nothing but a big tease," he uttered while nuzzling my neck with kisses.

"L-o-g-a-n. Stop it! Someone might come in your office."

"I don't care. Can't I kiss my fiancée, if I want to?"

"You ARE the boss, aren't you?" I guided his mouth up to my lips and returned his kisses with as much desire as I thought he could handle.

Coming up for air he groaned, "Ace,if we don't stop I may have to lay you down on my desk."

"Then, we better stop. Besides, I think we've got some more work to take care of before this day is over. Remember, too, that we're going to Harrods afterward for some shopping."

"Well, if we must stop, okay. But just so you know, I don't like it. I almost forgot about the shopping. Work it is, then, sweetie. You're SO demanding."

"Ha! Ha!"

Back at Logan's apartment after our shopping and a quick bite of pizza, we were relaxing on his sofa with a glass of wine. Logan was playing with my hair as we watched some TV.

"So, you are going to be able to leave with me tomorrow, aren't you?"

"I don't think so, Ace. I need the full day tomorrow and a few hours on Wednesday. I promise I'll be home by late Wednesday afternoon Connecticut time."

"Are you sure? You promise. I don't want you to miss us celebrating Fitz' birthday on Thursday."

"I promise. Why don't you stay here tomorrow morning, just relax and pack up all your things. I'll come see you off when the driver comes to pick you up."

"You don't need me to come to theoffice to help with things?"

"No way do you need to do that. Besides, I have lots of meetings tomorrow. Just relax in the morning for a couple of hours."

 "Alright, if you think so."

The next morning Logan did his usual early morning run. When he returned I was up and had our coffee prepared. We shared a cup together while reading the paper.

After Logan left for the office, I wondered around his apartment looking at little trinkets here and there. Things he had bought or been given over the years. I thought it would be nice to pack some of them up for his move. In Logan's storage closet there was a reasonable size box I thought would work. Opening up the box I found a small photo album. Taking it out and opening it up I discovered photos of Logan and Odette. Thumbing through the pictures, there they were looking so happy together in what appeared to be places like London, Paris and Rome. My heart was hurting and I was feeling jealous. Not wanting to be too judgmental,I left it in the box and went to pack the other things.

Soon it was time to head down to be picked up by the driver. True to his word, Logan was there to see me off. Looking handsome in his suit, he had a big smile for me.

"Hey, Ace. You ready to go?"

"Well, not ready to go without you,but it is what it is. I'll see you tomorrow."