Remembering

As my eyes slowly opened, I realized some things never change. Logan was holding me close with one arm draped over me. I could feel him slightly move. Rolling over to face him, he opened his eyes. We stared at each other briefly.

"Good morning, Ace. Don't panic,"he said with a slight smile.

"What do you mean?"

"You have that look--'what did I do'? We did it together because we both wanted to. Okay?"

"It wasn't because I had a little too much to drink?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I've seen you a lot drunker than that," he said with a smirk.

"Logan!"

"You over think things too much. Let's get some coffee."

She just looked at him as he walked away. "Okay. We've got to get going to pick up our boy. I've missed him. That's the first night I have been away from him. It felt really strange."

"Really? Your mom didn't ever babysit while you went on a date?"

"No, Logan. I haven't been on any dates. It's kind of hard to get a date when there's a baby in your life. Not that I'm complaining."

Logan smiled to himself as he poured them a cup of coffee and brought it to her in the living area. Sitting beside her he asked, "didn't you want to go out for a night of fun?"

 "Actually, I was too busy writing my book and taking care of Fitz to even think of going out. Why do you ask? I've sure it wasn't something you ever thought about."

"Don't be too sure. We better get some breakfast ordered. You want the full Gilmore breakfast?"

Rory looked at him over the edge of her cup with a little smile of her own. "Yes, Logan, I'll have eggs, bacon and pancakes."

They arrived at Rory's house to drop off her bag and pick up her car. "Logan, bring your bag in and you can stay at my house. You can let Frank go."

"Are you sure, Ace?"

"Yes, we have to have the car seat in my car for Fitz and we're still going to your parents' house tonight, right?"

"Yes, but I'm staying over until Monday."

"Oh, well that's good to know. If you want to stay, I do have extra bedrooms, Logan."

"Thanks, then, Ace. Would you want to go out Sunday night with the gang? We could maybe see some of the girls too?"

"Sure, that sounds like fun. I'll see if Amy can babysit. We better get going so you can see Fitz and I'm really missing him, too."

"Let's go then."

Arriving at my Mom's, she was sitting with Fitz in the living room.

"Hey, you two. Fitz, look who's here. Mommy and Daddy."

He was smiling with his little mouth open when he saw me. I picked him up for a hug. "That's my boy," I said as I kissed him. He was as happy to see me as I was to see him.

Logan came up to us with his own big smile. "Hi there, little guy. It's Daddy." Logan picked up his little hand as he stood very close to us. He asked, "can I hold him?"

"Sure," I answered, and let him take Fitz out of my arms.

Looking at Mom, she gave me a big smile and slight nod of her head. "Did you two find yourselves last night? Fitz had a big time playing with Luke and me."