Epilogue

December 2018

Rory was working in her office/library at home as Fitz was napping. She was putting the finishing touches on the first draft of her book, The Tenacity of Paris. Logan was coming home from work early today as he had decided to take some extra time off for Christmas. In three days they would share their first Christmas together as a family.

She drifted off in thought remembering their wedding day and night in New Hampshire. It had been perfect—exactly what she had wanted. Logan was happy with how well the small wedding went, too. All our friends and family who knew the struggles of our journey had been there to see the story completed. We'd finally found the way forward together and had accepted that we both had made mistakes. Now we knew that loving someone so completely didn't mean it is going to be perfect. It meant that we could share all our feelings and fears with each other without being afraid of loss. We would get through whatever happened together because we loved each other.

Before all the partying had ended that night, Logan and I escaped to our separate little cottage. Logan being Logan had arranged for candlelight and rose petals everywhere. We stood quietly in the dim light with Logan encircling my waist from behind. He lifted my hair and kissed my neck.

"Do you feel different, Ace?," he whispered in my ear.

"Different? How do you mean?"

"As my wife?"

I contemplated the question. Did I feel different? Thinking about it now, I did feel different. Turning in his arms I knew I'd see that fabulous smirk on his face. "As a matter of fact, I do feel different. Peaceful and contented best describes it, I believe."

"Ah, thank you, Ace.

Did I tell you how amazingly fabulous you look? It was as if I was seeing you in a dream.  The dress didn't seem sexy until you started walking toward me. I could see every movement of your hips and legs. If it hadn't been such a short walk, I swear I would have had to grab your bouquet and put it in front of me to hide a bulge. Now, will you please show me how to get it off of you?," he questioned with a chuckle.

"You know, I chose the dress mostly because of the color. I knew that you would love me in this pale blue," I answered as I showed him the hidden zipper on the side of the dress. "Italian designers do things a little different."

When my dress was removed I stood in front of Logan in only my white lace panties. I began to unbutton his shirt, kissing his lips after each button while holding his gaze. Then I unzipped his trousers. As he toed his shoes off and I slid his boxers off, I palmed him between his legs. "There's that bulge you were talking about. I think it's time you gave your wife a proper wedding night? What about it, husband of mine?"

He picked me up and carried me to the bed laying me down gently. He braced himself above me, gripping my hands with his. "I will never forget this day—how perfect it was, how beautiful you looked and how you can still excite me like the very first time I made love to you." He leaned down and kissed me passionately. When he raised up, he could see a blush on my face. "I hope I'll always be able to make my wife blush, because I love that about you."

I ran my hand up the back of his neck and pulling him toward me, I went in for one of his fabulous kisses from those amazing lips. I most certainly did feel different. This man, the love of my life, was my husband and mine forever and ever. We made love, sometimes sweetly and sometimes wildly, for hours with a couple of glasses of champagne plus a few nibbles of food in between. His words and that memory were forever burned into my mind and was most definitely a night I would never forget.

Logan whisked me off to Bermuda for a five-night honeymoon. It was, of course, in classic Huntzberger style. A private villa with anything we wanted at a snap of a finger. "Whatever my wife wants, she gets," he would say to me. Then he'd follow it with a kiss and a smirk. The warm sun and sand was the perfect spot for relaxing and the dining under moonlight was everything we needed.

Too soon we returned to New York to participate in the society fanfare for the Huntzbergers and Gilmores. It was THE event of the season. Shira and Grandma were very pleased with themselves. Our friends attended, but mostly it was business associates of both families and we were glad to get away from it all when it was well past ten o'clock. We both felt we had done our family duty.

"ACE," I heard Logan shout as he came through the front door. I was startled out of my revelry and closed my computer. "Where are you, sweetie?"

"Here, Logan. What is it?," I asked as we met in the kitchen.

"I have a surprise for you. An early Christmas present," he answered with a kiss on my cheek.

"Logan, you have way too many presents under the tree for me already. I think you're going to have to take some back because I can't keep up with you."

"No, Ace. Listen, this is really not like a real Christmas present."

"Explain yourself, mister. What does that mean?"

"I got us a spot at The Skylark for New Year's Eve—to watch the ball drop."

"No way. We get to ring in the New Year without standing outside, getting squashed by all those people and freezing to death?"

"Yeah. So, what do you say?"

"I say, thank you very much Mr.Huntzberger. There was name dropping in this whole scheme, right?"

He looked at me with that smirk. "Maybe. I'll never tell. Where's Fitz?"

"He's still napping. Come here. Let's sit down. I have an early Christmas present for you, too." I took his hand and led him to the sofa in the living room.

"O-Kay. This is a little unusual for you, Ace."

Handing him a slender box, I said, "here, open this."

Logan had a puzzled look on his face. He took the bow off and removed the wrapping paper. Lifting the lid, he furrowed his brow as stared inside the box. Then, he looked up at me and smiled.

"Rory. You're pregnant?"

"Yes. I'm pregnant. We're having another baby."

"Oh my god, baby,--we're having a baby. Are you okay? Do you need anything? How far along are you? When did this happen?"

I laughed at his first reaction. "Slow down. I'm fine, Logan. Well, it's very early and it's not official from the doctor yet, but I'd say it was sometime around Thanksgiving.

Logan pulled me up off the sofa, hugging and swinging me around. "Ace, this is the best Christmas present ever."

"Oh, I would say that I've been given the best presents ever--your son in the other room napping and this little bean in my tummy."

He touched my stomach and leaned down to kiss it. We turned at the sound from our son's room. He was awake, standing up in his crib with that famous Huntzberger smile. "Da-da, ma-ma," he said with his arms outstretched. Logan picked him up and we all walked to the window to watch the falling snow.

The End

A/N: Too bad we didn't get a completed Rory and Logan story from the series. My version will always be the two of them together. Thank you for reading my stories. I've had fun writing this one and hope you like happy endings like I do. Happy 20th anniversary to GG.