Part Five

The halls are filled with hundreds of students. It is a bit overwhelming, all these people together. Hazel still feels lonely but she accepted it. Today is a new day. Her first class is English. She knows where to find that now. She doesn't think she will ever forget that after yesterday. Being one of the first in the classroom, she picks a table next to a girl. She has short, straight black hair with bangs. Her hair is very shiny. Hazel can smell her pleasant fragrance. It smells like spring, flowers and something sweet. The girl opens her book on a different page than Hazel. 

'I'm sorry, but where are we in the chapter?' Hazel gives the girl a sweet smile. 

'We are learning about the grammar now. You can find it on page 136.' The girl points on her page to the number. 'I'm Rebecca Hale by the way.' She sticks out her hand. 

Hazel shakes her hand. 'I'm Hazel March. It's nice to meet you.' 

Rebecca smiles back at her. The teacher has entered the classroom and starts the lesson. Hazel has a big grin on her face. Maybe this day won't be so bad as yesterday. She looks over to Rebecca. She is focused on her book. 

'This is where I always sit during the lunch break.' The two girls walk into the library. 

'Really? I love books.' 

'Me too, but I don't read here. Come on, follow me.' 

Hazel is a bit confused but she follows Rebecca. Why would you go to a library and then don't read? It just doesn't make any sense to her. After walking through the whole library, passing all the good books, they finally stop. They stand still in front of a door.  

'And now we open the door. I think you'll love it!' Rebecca takes her hand and walks through the door. As they walk inside Hazel sees a group of four students. She gets a little shy as soon as she sees them. Rebecca pushes her into the little space. The room is filled with blankets, pillows and fairy lights. It looks so cosy. 

'Guys, say hi to Hazel!' The three boys stand up and walk over to Hazel. Two of them shake her hand. One gives her a hug. The girl is still laying down. 

'Nice to meet you. Come sit with us.' The girl looks very friendly although she didn't stand up. Hazel picks a rainbow pillow to sit on. 

'So I assume you are new. I haven't seen you around.' He has a beer bottle in his hand. 'I'm Jaiden by the way.' 

Hazel looks at his drink. He is probably not drinking legally. 'Yeah, I'm new. I just moved to Denver and this is my second day here.' Jaiden nods. He continues drinking. 

Rebecca now also sits down. 'Okay let's introduce ourselves to Hazel guys. This is Jaiden. He plays guitar and almost skips every lesson there is. The teachers don't even ask for him anymore.' 

Hazel laughs. 'Are you that bad?' 

'This is Tyler. He is very sweet and wouldn't hurt anyone.' She points at the guy who gave her a hug earlier. 'That is Brooke. I wouldn't say she's anti-social but-' Brooke throws a pillow to Rebecca's head. 

'Oh shut up you!'

Rebecca falls backwards. She is dying of laughter. 'I'm sorry haha! Didn't mean to upset you.' Hazel laughs along, but not too hard. 

'And then finally the last guy. His name is Elliot. He is the nerd of our group. Elliot is always reading. When he's not reading, he's writing.' Elliot waves at Hazel with a book in his hand. 

'Well it's very nice to meet you all. My name is Hazel, as you already knew. I also love to read. Oh and I also love watching movies and series.' 

'You are so welcome in our group!'