Part Seven

Hazel noticed she felt a bit dissappointed after he left her. She wasn't expecting any friendly talk, but it seemed like he wasn't even interested in walking next to her. First she felt dissappointment, then she felt anger. Who does he think he is? He's not some guy that can just be mean to everyone. Well he actually can be. She saw it with her own eyes, but it just doesn't seem fair to her. He hasn't even apologized for his actions earlier. 

Why would anyone be like that? Why would you just be mean or a jerk? She can't understand the fact Rebecca likes him. She has a crush on him, on that horrible person. Hazel would never get feelings for him. She would rather end up alone forever than spending 24 hours with him. Her dissappointed feelings are completely gone. She laughs. How could she even be dissappointed about that? It was just a stupid thought.

There was a girl like this on her previous school. She would always make fun of Hazels appearance. Every step she took was critized by her. Hazel got really fed up with that girl. One day she just punched her in the face. The girl had a bloody nose so Hazel got suspended for two days. Her mother wasn't even angry with her. She said: 'I'm so proud of you. No one bullies my daughter.' Hazel had never told her mother about the mean girl on her school. She knew that her mother would contact her parents. It was just an embarrassing thought to Hazel. So instead she punched the girl. It worked. No one ever bullied her again. But it wasn't a pleasant time either. They would just ignore her the whole day. She had no friends, she was really lonely. That's why she always had a very close bond with her parents. When her father died nobody from her school showed up to the funeral. It was that moment her mother realized how lonely Hazel was. She said: 'Honey, it is time to start over.' And they moved, just like that. 

Hazel walks out of the building. She sees Mason in his car. She didn't know he was already driving. He looked a bit younger than that. He has one window down and his arm rests out of the window. She walks past him. Hazel can feel his eyes staring at her. She wants to turn around and say something. But she knows that will make her look like an idiot. So she keeps on walking in stead. The tempo of her walk starts speeding up. At a certain moment she feels she is speedwalking. Her heart is racing a little faster than usual. Would he follow her in his car? Is he going to ask her to get in? What does she say? She doesn't want to, but being mean is maybe not the way to go. 

'Hey newbie!'

She hears his voice behind her. He sounded quite far away. Hazel starts walking faster. 

'Newbie!'

His voice sounds closer this time. She can also hear the engine. It means he is driving behind her. That also means he's going to be driving next to her in a minute. She stops and turns around. His car is way closer than she thought. 

'What Mason?'

He smirks. 'Using my name now, okay.' 

'What is it? Can you just say it please, then I can go on walking.' 

'You got anywhere to be?'

'Well, I was thinking about going home but yeah I guess standing here is way more useful.'

'Easy Newbie. No reason to get mad at me. I was just trying to give you this back.' He hands her a book. 

'Wuthering Heights. I read the first chapter, sounds like a good book.' 

Hazel stares at him. She blinks a couple of times. 'But how-'

'Now you are wondering why I had your book. To be completely honest with you I don't even know myself. I went to the library, which I normally never do, and then I saw this book on one of the desks. I opened it and there it was, your name. Hazel March.' 

The way he says her name makes her blush a little bit. His voice becomes really soft when he pronounces her name. She never heard it before, because he kept calling her newbie. One strand of hair falls in front of her right eye. 

'Thank you.' She looks at him. He looks very handsome in his car. His grey sweater looks great on him. 'Really, I appreciate it.' 

He nods his head. 'No problem newbie. If you want, I can give you a ride home.' 

'Thanks but I'll walk. It makes me appreciate the view. I love to walk with some music on. It calmes me down.' 

He laughs. 'You do you newbie. I'll see you around.'

Hazel stares at his car as he drives by.