Part Ten

'Are you cold?' He hands over his jacket so she can put it on.

'Thank you Mason.' 

They are on their way to the park, but it is a 20 minute drive. Mason turned on the radio softly in the background. Hazel lays her head against the window. Strangely enough, she is very comfortable in his presence. She doesn't have to worry about the things she says, he laughs at everything she says. 

'Shall we go somewhere else?' The engine starts to sound louder. Mason steers with his wrists and Hazel finds that very attractive.

'Let's do it!' 

She has no idea where he wants to go, but it doesn't bother her. He makes her feel safe and happy. She enjoyes the happy moments in life to the fullest, because you never know when it's over. His voice starts to fade to the background, this whole experience is so dreamy. A very huge smile appears on her face. Slowly she turns her head to him and stares at his handsome face. His arms are muscular and as masculine as his personality. He still smells super good, just like the pages of the book he gave back to her. 

'You make me feel-' She shakes her head, she can't say that. 

'What Hazel? I make you feel like what?' She feels his eyes checking her out while he is still focussing on the road. 'You can tell me anything.'

Her heart starts beating faster. 'I'm sorry, but I can't.' 

Mason looks dissappointed but doesn't push her to tell him what she wanted to say. Hazel zones out again as she looks out of the window. 

The car slows down in the middle of the woods. Hazel seems a bit sleepy so Mason shakes her shoulder softly. 

'Come on, sweet-' 

She puts her finger to his lips. 'Don't.' 

The sound of creaking stones comes from under his shoes. He walks over to her side to open the door for Hazel. His eyes check her out as she gets out of his car. Her jacket looks good on her, the red jacket matches her blond hair. 

'You look good in my jacket.'

She does a little spin for him and then she locks eyes with Mason for a second. Quickly she looks away from his beautiful eyes. 

'Thank you for bringing me here. I really appreciate it.' 

He puts his hand on her back and they start walking. 

'I am happy you like spending time with-'

'I didn't say that. I said I liked the place.' 

She gets a playful push towards the water. 

'Hey! Watch it. I don't want to end up in the water.' 

All of a sudden Mason starts running ahead of her. When he's about ten meters apart from her he pulls out a polaroid camera. 

'Smile!' 

Hazel takes a pose, sticks out her tongue and makes a peace sign. They start laughing because it looked very silly.

'A professional model ladies and gentlemen.' 

They end on a blanket, in the sun on the grass, staring at the sky. The clouds are moving rapidly above their heads, it is a very nice sight. 

'I'm looking forward to this afternoon, after school.' Mason rolls on his side, so he's facing her. 

'Me too. I don't even remember why you deserved that.'

'You insulted me newbie.'

'Ah! That's right, I did.'

'We don't have to go back to school. We could also start the date right now.' 

'For the record, it is not a date. We're out and about as friends.' 

'I know, just friends.'

His gorgeous smile appears as he stares at her face. 

'I really don't think we should stay here together. I have to go to my classes, you know?' 

'You don't have to, it is something you tell yourself.'

'And my mother. She wants me to pass the classes.'

'Ah then I suppose we have to go back right now.' 

Hazel starts laughing because she thinks he is being sarcastic. When he really gets up and starts packing his bag, she feels dissappointment. But is probably for the best to go now. 

'I guess we could stay for another ten minutes.' 

He starts smirking as he lays himself down on the blanket again. 

'I guess we could do that indeed.'

'Ten minutes Mason.'

'Yes, I heard you.' 

He pulls her in for a hug. At first she struggles, but as soon as she feels his warmth she allows him hugging her. All she can smell is his scent and all she can feel is his warmth.