Part Eighteen

A couple of weeks have passed since Rebecca asked Mason to lunch with her. He said yes and they had a pretty good time. Rebecca told Hazel every detail of the day, even how much the lunch cost. Hazel was happy for her, but in the mean time she was still texting with him every night. They had very long conversations, playful ones but also serious ones.

Hazel starts liking him more and more, he is really becoming one of her closest friends. She has never had a really close friend, but she's liking the experience so far.

She is laying on her bed as she waits for him to reply. Her face starts smiling as she sees his name popping up on her screen.

'Hey beautiful girl.'

He has been saying things like these quite often these past couple of days and it makes her blush every single time.

'Hey Mason.'

'I had a great idea!'

'Tell me, what is it?'

'My aunt has a little cabin in the middle of the woods. I figured we could go there, just the two of us. It is a beautiful place, we can swim, have campfires, anything you want basically. It is a very cosy place, with a kitchen!'

'Wow! I would love that, it sounds great! Where is it?'

'Well, it is in California, at the Big Bear Lake.'

'That's really far Mason!'

'Fourteen hours to drive there.'

'Holy moly! When did you want to do this? We still have school.'

'We have a week off in five days! We could go away together, the whole week. Wouldn't that be lovely?'

'Mason, I have to think about it. Even if I would want to go, I'm not sure if my mother would let me.'

'I get it. Your mother decides and I respect that, but I do hope she says yes, so you better convince her! Take your time, you have four days to decide!'

'No pressure.'

'Not at all!'

Hazel laughs while she stares at her screen. When she's texting with him, she can hear his raspy, low voice in her head. He's the best person to have online conversations with, that is one thing she's certain of.

'I have to go, bye!'

'Bye.'

Him suddenly leaving, hurt her a little bit. He makes her happy, that's why she wants to spend the most time with as possible. A week off with him would be so lovely, they could spend a lot of time together then. The only issue would be her mother, would she really let her daughter go away with a guy she hasn't even met yet? It is very unlikely, that's for sure. Maybe it is a good idea to bring him over. Her mother is then able to see what he's like. She needs to arrange that quickly then, because she only has four days left to decide.

When she's in school tomorrow Hazel is going to ask him if he wants to come over. Hopefully he has no plans already, because that would be a pity.