Part Thirty-Three

Their week has ended, it's time to head homeward. Both Mason and Hazel had a wonderful time together in California. Their luggage is packed and put in the trunk of his car.

''Are you ready to say goodbye to this place?''

''No! I don't want to leave at all, I had so much fun'', she complains.

''Me too. But hey, we will have more holidays together!'', he says as he wraps his arm around her.

''I know, but I don't want to leave. This feeling is just magical, us being here together. I don't want to go back to reality.''

''Cutie, listen to me'', Mason tilts her chin so he can see her face, ''when we're back in Denver, I promise you that I'll be with you every day. I know now how it feels to be around you a whole week and to be honest, I love it. Do you really think I could live with the feeling of you not being around me all the time?''

''Really?''

''Yes Hazel, I promise that. I don't care if anyone sees us together because I love you. People are allowed to know that I'm in love with the most gorgeous girl in the world'', he holds her hand, ''the only thing I ask from you is to feel the same way. Do you mind if people see us together?''

Hazel hesitates before she answers. On one hand, she would love to walk around with him every minute of the day, but on the other hand she first has to tell Rebecca.

''I don't mind personally, I just think that Rebecca will be hurt. I just can't stop thinking about her feelings.''

''I know, and that's very caring of you. But remember that I don't like her, Rebecca and I will never become a thing. She can keep on dreaming because it'll never work. I love you and you alone. Rebecca will eventually get over it and then we can finally be together. Oh how I would love that Hazel!'', he smiles at the thought of it.

''Well okay, I agree with you. The sooner I tell her though, the sooner we can be seen together.''

''I still think you want to please everyone a little too much. It's okay though, I respect that about you.''

He gives her a kiss before they both get into his car. That's it, the end of their trip. Now they're heading home, back to the normal life. They left a note for Mason's aunt as a way of saying thank you. She absolutely treated them so well, despite the fact she wasn't even there herself.

It's been a couple of hours since they left the cabin on the beach. The atmosphere between them is very relaxed. Hazel never feels the need to talk the whole time whenever she's with Mason. Sometimes they are quiet and that's totally fine with both of them. She sometimes just wants to think in silence, he gives her that space.

''I just came up with an idea in my head'', he says while keeping his eyes on the road.

''Tell me, I am curious!''

Hazel turns her body sideways so that she sees his face. He looks very calm behind that steering wheel.

''What if we go to a nightclub tonight?''

''But how do we get home then?''

''Well, we party all night and after that, we'll drive on. I've done that before so I know I can handle it.''

''Of course, you have'', she laughs.

''So, is it a good idea?''

''I'm fine with it, as long as you are capable of handling a full night of clubbing and driving home afterward.''

''That's a yes! We're going clubbing tonight!'', he says happily.