Diorite

I do not own Avatar the Last Airbender or Naruto. If I did, Boruto would not exist.

▪▪▪

Sakura watched as Kakashi-sensei and Miss Toph sat across from each other, playing shogi as they studiously ignored the three genin tied together.

Naruto pulled at the ropes and tried to get the group to move more to the left as they attempted the obstacle course for the 26th time. Sasuke snorted, somehow managing to look hot despite the fact he was sweaty and covered in dirt, just like Naruto-...

And herself. Oh Kami, did she forget her deodorant?

Toph let out a loud sigh. "I surrender."

Kakashi-sensei gave an eyesmile, and they began to set the board up again. "Sakura, you'll never get anywhere just staring. Try to make more of an effort."

Sakura flushed as Toph raised her head, her grey eyes seeming to stare right into her soul.

She had gone to bed late because she had been trying to make something happen to the stupid rock. She had had to drag herself out of bed, and the rock simply maintained its smug little shape.

Sakura would've sworn it was laughing at her.

As they charged the stupid obstacle course again, Sakura could almost hear the stupid chuckle their Sensei let out.

▪▪▪

"Gosh, Sakura! Can't you jump higher? We're never gonna be able to get over this stupid wall if you don't." Naruto said loudly.

Right. In front. Of. Sasuke.

"Shut it, dummy!" Sakura spat back. "I'm trying!"

She was, too. She was sweating all over, her feet were covered in Mus, and she had various scrapes and scratches on her arms and legs.

Somehow, she was the only one who seemed to be hurt. Sasuke, though slightly dusty, didn't have a mark on his skin. Naruto too.

(She wouldn't know that his injuries were healed in seconds because if his status as jinchuriki.)

"That was rather disappointing," Kakashi-sensei had appeared behind them, using a kunai to slice them free. Toph was there too, stretching.

Sakura hadn't seen anymore Earthbending from her since the huge display as she fought Sasuke.

Would I really be able to do that too?

Sakura rubbed a spot where the rope had been particular unforgiving. Toph moved closer, ignoring the boys as she spoke to Sakura.

"Have you made any progress?"

Although it felt like she was betraying the older girls expectations, she hunched up and shook her head.

"She can't see you," Naruto stage-whispered. "She said no, Miss Toph."

"I see." Ignoring the irony of that statement, Toph turned away and walked off.

"And here I was thinking that you all would be able to complete the course in one day. Maa, no matter. Training tomorrow at seven. Don't be late." Kakashi-sensei strolled off after the blind girl. They turned a corner and were gone.

Sasuke blew a sweaty tuft of hair off of his forehead. "You should just give up on the earth thing. You can't do it."

Sakura's jaw dropped.

Sasuke really thought that?!

That she wasn't enough? That she couldn't do it? That she couldn't do anything?!