Eclogite

Please remember to keep this a PG party!!

Thank you!!

▪▪▪

Tsunade crumpled the report in her hands.

Of all the Kami forsaken days to be reading this drivel!

One thing she could clearly tell, though, was that Danzo, a friend of her Sensei and a counselor to her now, had stuck his fingers where they did not belong.

She squished the report into an even smaller ball. If she used her chakra enhanced strength, would the paper become compacted enough to shrink beyond sight and cease to exist?

As much as she felt like testing her theory out and find a way to possibly make her paperwork vanish from existance, Tsunade did not.

She dropped the tiny wad into a nearby bin and picked up the next paper; a continuation of a report of Orochimaru's, her teammate, escape, right along with a girl, this one the one Naruto called his friend.

She probably wasn't alive anymore. Tsunade knew the temptations Orochimaru could offer as well as his vicious streak. The girl had likely only lived long enough to see him past the city walls.

There was a tap at the door and her apprentice, a young woman named Shizune entered. She stepped through the rubble that piled around the doorway (curtosy of some brat playing keep away), and heaved another stack of papers onto the desk. It slammed down with a heavy thunk, the sound emphasizing its weight.

Suddenly, the crushing-paperwork-into-oblivion idea seemed not only a viable plan but a good one.

"This was just cleared for you," her apprentice said sheepishly. "It's honestly a lot more than I thought it would be."

Tsunade heaved a put upon sigh and picked up the top folder. It was oddly worn and well read, the corner bent and the spine well creased. She flipped it open and skimmed the contents.

Huh. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. The picture of a blind teenager stared up at her as she skipped through the basic description and stopped at the bottom. Tsunade read along there, noting the suspected Kekkai Genkai, the handsign-less dotons, the teaching, and froze.

During the Chuunin Exams, Bei Fong was ultimately responsible for the capture of Orochimaru of the Sannin. The ANBU assigned to the Third Hokage's guard all agree that without her aide, it was highly likely that he never would have been captured at all.

Bei Fong also aided Konohan forces during the battle. Although few shinobi saw her in action, the signs of her attacks as well as multiple witness testimonies place her as their savior.

Tsunade felt her mood darken. Oh great. A mystery.

Why would Bei Fong capture Orochimaru if she was going to release him later and escape with him?

She stopped abruptly.

Escape with him.

The question wasn't 'why would she capture him?', it was 'why would she escape?'

If she had wanted to, she could've strolled right out the front gate. She wouldn't have needed-

The pieces snapped into place.

Young girl, underage, Kekkai Genkai-

The answer was obvious.

Danzo.

Tsunade Senju was not as clueless to the state of Konoha's affairs, both internal and political, as another in her position might be. She had noticed the situation with the old counsel member before he had been old. It stood to reason he hadn't backed down during her absence.