CHAPTER 27

Rue stood staring tiredly out the window, trying to arrange his scattered thoughts, all in which was Roxas. Things Rue knew in his heart without it being confirmed is that they loved each other. What he knew that was spoken was that they couldn't be together, not the way they wanted anyway. The more Rue learned of Roxas' true feelings for him, the difficulties it was for Rue to relax around him or control his actions. Rue honestly didn't know what to do.

             When a little errow found him, Rue was surprised to see the errow was from Eka. Part of him was happy to receive the errow. The other part was still disheartened that her parents had kept so much from him. Regardless of why they chose to, Rue knew it was no way Eka's fault. Rue opened his hand for the bird and closed his eyes to accept the message telepathically.

           "Father had mentioned that we shouldn't communicate until the uniguards leave, but I couldn't keep that promise. I'm glad you are ok, and we miss you, dearly."

Rue smiled. Rue had never had siblings, but Eka was like a sister to him, so he missed her too.

  "Wherever the prince has taken you, do you see him often? Do you know if anything has changed between both nations? Strange things are happening in the sky from afar. The Eely islands are flashing a soft light and have been for the last few days. I am worried. Do you know what is happening? Have you heard anything from Prince Roxas?"

          Rue froze. Roxas has not mentioned anything, and Rue was certain he wouldn't in their lifetime.

          "I am not sure, but I will look into it," Rue replied to her, feeling slightly anxious.

        In the years that Rue had lived in Oristrol, those floating lands were just floating lands. For them to activate, it meant there was no more negotiation, and the country was on guard.

          This feud between the two nations has been going on for as long as Roxas was born. What started this dispute Rue couldn't say for sure, there have been many different rumors. However, if Rue had to guess based on what he had gathered about Zutar's behavioral pattern, the dispute is simply based on the fact that Oristrol exists.

         In the short time that Rue has been in this world, Zutar has wage wars on smaller nations, conquered and expanding their territory. Rue had overheard Simon tell his customer once that he believed that Zutar had set its sight on Oristrol because of the country's wealth and richness in mana.

  The northern country Reiyu, for the same reason, was at odds with Zutar at one point, which is why it's come to a surprise that Reiyu has been rumored to ally with them. So there was no real reason for Zutar to fight with Oristrol if not for the sake of conquering a great nation.

       After everything Zutar has done and whether they truly had a hand in the mysterious death of Roxas' parents, they did admit to unjustly killing Oristrol's ambassador.

Rue commanded the King's decision not to be baited into a war. However, time and time again, Zutar would do something unforgiving like destroying smaller nations. That even Rue agrees that at some point, Zutar's Royal family needed to be removed from power.

        Rue found himself falling into a dark place, as he thought of the future of the country he has come to love for many reasons, the friends he has made, and his beloved, who was the country's prince.

Rue, despite his existence not being accepted, he would never turn his back on them. Rue just wished he could fly. If he could fly, he could help somehow. 

Rue's thoughts were disrupted when Emy entered with his late afternoon meal. Emy's face lit when she saw him, and Rue smiled. Rue was happy to see her again. He was also hungry, so he was delighted to see that as well. All Rue could think of at that moment was eating, sleeping, and recovering his mana.