CHAPTER 43

As they walked, the light of the day caused the palace to glisten, lighting a path for them that made it feel like judgment day. Servants and knights moved about, only stopping when they walked by. When Rue could see the giant statue ahead, his stomach started to twist into knots.

As they proceeded into the space turning towards the giant doors, it was that moment Rue knew it was too late to turn back.

When the doors opened, Grint stopped walking. The light was so bright that Rue had to squint his eyes. Grint asked Rue and the others to wait before he approached one of the knights guarding the entrance. When Grint returned, the knight announced them.

"His Royal Highness Prince Rue of Reiyu, and his acquaintance," the knight spoke broadly.

When Grint proceeded to enter, so did Rue and the others. The throne room was precisely the way Rue pictured it would be. Bright with extravagant fixtures hanging on the walls and from the ceiling. A detailed golden path with knights standing on both sides leads from the entrance to the stairs before the throne.

Sitting on the throne was the King and Queen. Rue spotted Roxas standing next to the King, and his uncle stood on the other side of Roxas. Although Rue was too far to see their gaze, Rue knew all eyes were on them. He really did feel like a criminal waiting for his judgment.

There was another level slightly above the Knights. There Rue saw men, women, and children looking at them. The closer Rue got, he started to recognize a few of their faces. When Rue spotted Princess Osha and Lady Ireia standing with those with their house color and sigil, Rue understood that everyone watching was members of the great houses of Oristrol.

Rue turned his focus to the young king, whom he could finally see clearly. The brothers were revered for their good looks, but up until now, Rue only had Roxas to go by. After seeing King Siel with his own eyes, Rue agreed. What surprised Rue was how different the bothers looked from each other. The brothers were like night and day.

The King had dark reddish hair that was cut short, his eyes a piercing green color. The only thing the brothers shared was the bright green eyes that Roxas only had one color of and their intimidating glare.

Even the colors they wore were different. Roxas wore black, even outside of his war uniform, as if he was mourning while King Siel wore a sand color uniform.

The queen, who sat beside him, was indeed as beautiful as they say. She wore a lace gown that matched the King's color, and her brown hair fell over her shoulders like silk. The queen and her sister had more features alike than the brothers. They shared the same color hair, yellow eyes, and pink lips, and neither looked friendly.

Rue snuck a glance at Roxas, and when he saw the smile on his face, Rue shyly faced forward.

Grint stopped before the stairs and bowed before stepping aside for them to move forward. They all bowed the moment they stopped before the royal family. Immediately after, Omon stepped forward and bowed to the King and Queen.

"Your Majesty King Siel, Queen Isha, I introduce His Royal Highness Prince Rue of Reiyu," Omon said, turning to Rue.

When Rue stepped forward, he bowed to the King before bowing to the Queen. When Rue looked up, their eyes continued to bore through him. If looks could kill, Rue would be dead.

"It is an honor to meet his Majesty King Siel and her Majesty Queen Isha," Rue said softly.

The King only nodded before looking behind him. Rue turned to his friends and introduced them one after the other. They each kneel to the King before he asks them to rise.