Sunday Afternoon

I opened my eyes with clear confusion as the walls was painted in white with a curtain surrounding me within this rusty bed and a gown underneath this thin blanket. Shit. I'm in a hospital.

I stared at the plain white ceiling for a moment. Seeing that no one's really with me. The last time I remember was the blue-sea like eyes and a blonde hair composing an aesthetic scenery and embedding itself on my mind. What must this be that I feel?

Someone started to held onto the curtains and pushed it away, I stared at it but it's not like I'm expecting for someone else.

No one, I'm not expecting for anyone.

"How are you feeling, Devon? You had been asleep for couple of hours. It had seemed that you were on a first degree cardiac arrest due to tachycardia as the results shown" It was a man, in a lab gown. What? My eyes rounded with enough confusion. I am tired for the day.

"What? How did it happen? This is the first time I ever had been in a hospital after so many years. I could not be unhealthy." My body sat on its own and my hands were all over defending myself from the doctor. Oh. I guess heavens almost took me. It should've, I'm ready. The last thing that I wanted to be fulfilled is to generate the dopamine from seeing my family again.

"It seems that we did not succeed looking at the findings with the routinely and standard procedures when these occurs, we suggest that you take a schedule for a CT scan, Ma'am." I am in a minimal shock and panic at the moment, my eyes could not go back to what it was before from the events that had happened today. I couldn't bear it all anymore.

"Okay. I would like to schedule one for today." I doctor wrote the note and left me right after. I cannot go home not being able to fathom what is the deal with my body. I need to take care of this for when heavens had taken me, for when I will meet my family again.

"It's settled Ma'am. Stay here for a couple of hours you'll be ready at four." I did not notice the clock beside me, even the supplies that was all messed up because of this incident. Because of those eyes.

Shit. It's already 3 in the afternoon. I missed a lot of laziness to do at home. I needed to rest because it is 'rest day' as stated on my routine all these years. I couldn't believe how one minimal encounter could actually mess my day up this much. I stared at nowhere for couple of minutes and I finally had decided to fix my things so that after all of this I could go back home hassle-free.

Cheese.

I had reminisced how her hands felt like against mine leaving her ----

"Ms. Devon please follow me to proceed for the scan." Yeah, right. I had put down all of the things that I was fixing and I followed her all the way to a room.

There was a gigantic device made for humans to lay onto with the UV lights all over and a large mirror on the front of it.

"Please, kindly lay down on it. It will take not longer than 30 minutes." I was startled not expected for someone to announce their thoughts through the speaker at the corner of the room. I removed my sneakers and laid down onto the machinery. I went in there and out of there and in there. Then I was called to the room of the doctor.

As I walk out of the room I can see all of the other doctors as they whisper to each other while looking at me making me feel anxious feeling that there must've been something wrong with me. I then, proceeded to the room.

The atmosphere changed, it had gotten heavier. I was told to sit down for it may be a long talk. Which obviously meant bad news.

"I'm sorry to say but we had found the fault in your brain. " He sighed and avoided looking at me, he pointed at my scan results with the gigantic color that reads my brain's findings. My eyebrows started asking questions with my mouth wide open.

"I will proceed as you may be in shock. Since you had no record of these you may be vigilant and aloof to the others. " He paused again, and I started nodding my head as I know how functional I am.

"You have the what we call Stendhal Syndrome. It is what happened to you when you were struck by an amusing aesthetic beauty that you cannot handle. It is what caused your tachycardia which led to your cardiac arrest who almost resulted to heart attack if it wasn't fixed as early and with that, it could lead you to death.---- " I blinked my eyes once and as I open it my eyebrows lifted and so is my eyes had been a bit wider than before. My ears had silenced everything after I heard him say that not understanding what his last sentence stated.

"What the fuck?" I was extremely at shock not knowing what to say. How cliché! No, what-- What beauty? What aesthetic? No one's beautiful. Nothing's aesthetic!

Oh.

Except.

Oh shit. I guess Heaven's taking me away.