Wednesday Afternoon

I waited for them to leave for lunch so that I could see if she took the lunchbox with her. And if there's any replies for my letter.

"Hey, Rick! Don't you think it's so weird that Ms. Heaven only eaten her lunch once even though she had been with us on the kitchen since Monday?" As I hear their footsteps leaving.

"Nah, let her be." As the other person shrugged it off. It made my eyebrows met each other, making me think why she has only eaten today. With the lunch I made?

I walked towards her office to confirm—and yes, it's confirmed. I walked back with a smile on my face again with a bit of dancing as my feet takes over my body.

I decided to open her letter.

"To Angel,

I think I know who you must be. Why don't you just show yourself? Com'on. I dare you to. Let's run away from the world.

I slept here at the office thinking you might be the earliest one who arrives at work as you can successfully leave these onto my desk without making gossips onto the kitchen.

I'll be waiting. Before it's all too late. "

I am still uneased about being late—for what? But this letter made me smile once again. I started making one as it is still lunch break.

"To Heaven,

Why is it that you haven't eaten onto the kitchen with the others despite of being there with them?

Have you liked the steak? It's a peace offering of mine. I'll be cooking for you from now on until I can show myself to you, is that alright?

I am truly early for work, but you can't see me. I'm better than what you think I am. J

Late for what, Heaven? Please explain it to me.

Really? You think you know me? Who am I then?

Run away? Who are you running away from? Well, I'm running away from Friday.

- Your Angel"

I smiled as closed the envelope and sealed it with wax.

I hurriedly finished my work so that I could actually have a real reason to go to her office.

I stood up at my cubicle every now and then to check if there's a shadow in her office and once she's out of there I rushed to walk to her office with the letter underneath the folders. I left the pile of folders onto her table and swiped the letter onto her desk and I walked back normally so that no one would actually notice.

The room was still so full of employee, she won't be able to take a guess.

I took the other letter which was made for later evening—I guess. I took it out of emotions, again.

"To Angel,

You don't have a phone? Why is that? You are such a funny guy! Really? Hurry, it's almost too late.

Yes, I am pissed, Angel. I thought I could already catch you at yesterday's lunch but you didn't appear. I am extremely annoyed but here I am, eating your steak. I'll be leaving the lunch box at my table, make sure to get it. I loved it.

I'll say it for you, I love you. Yes, I know that. You are fascinating to still be able to insert that in letter, how about try that in person?

Just, Hurry. Who doesn't want to be taken away, anyways? You wanted that too, right? "

It is the butterflies now I guess. I couldn't stop my heart from flowing away with the rhythm of its own heartbeat. My smiles couldn't be wider than it should be. I wanted to shout, to scream and to greet everyone else but I don't want to cause a commotion in here.