Tuesday Afternoon

I waited for them to proceed to the kitchen as everyone normally does. I took a peek as put my knees onto the table as a support and my hands onto the edge of my cubicle to successfully see that everyone already left.

I walked with my heads down seeing if there's any shadows in her office.

*blag!* I was distracted by a big noise at the back, I was startled as well that it made me look at it—it was just the pile of bond paper. I'm going to fix it as soon as I can get my letter back.

"Hey?" Shit. Before I can turn I can hear her voice at my back. I remember this, it was her voice earlier this morning when she giggled a little. I stood firmly with my back facing to her.

"Everyone's in the kitchen already. Let's go, Lara, Right?" Shit. She couldn't recognize me. It's her first time seeing my back. I closed my eyes pretty hard and nodded to disagreement as I scrolled my palm through my face again exerting a sigh. Once I turn to her side I might either have another episode of Stendhal and commit cardiac arrest again or I might faint and successfully make a commotion which what I am avoiding all these years. Which one. Which one.

"Ma'am Heaven! Everyone's already there. We should eat now." As Rick walks back to his cubicle to get his utensils with me still having me head down and my back facing front to her.

"Hey." She had put her soft hand onto my shoulder calling me out with her sonorous soft voice to come with them to the kitchen.

"Ma'am don't bother Devon, she'll follow if she wants to. She's a weird one. Let her be. Right, Devon?" Rick had known me since he's been here more than 9 years—more than the years I had served for this company. I nodded to agreement regarding his statement. Everyone is good as they can be 'human' but I don't think I would be with them longer as I do not want to seep into their emotions and details deeper than their names and curriculum vitae.

"Oh, sorry, D-Devon. I mistook you for Lara." As I turn a bit to her side seeing her hand. With this shiny thing, it was a bit unclear. As I turned when she removed her hand onto my shoulders.

"It's alright. It's nothing. Thank you though." I proceeded to walk to the back thinking of fixing the pile of paper that had fallen down while actually using it as a perfect timing to remove myself from that life threatening situation.

I could've died because of this foolish emotion.

They had turned onto their backs as I can hear their chatters fading. I turned my back onto the pile of papers being unable to reach the end as I tried again to sneak into her office.

I slowly walked towards it hoping that no one would come by until I'm done. Once I was there I hurriedly ran grabbing my opened letter on top of her table. Seeing another "To Angel" letter underneath it. Out of emotional instability I took her letter and ran out of her office.

I went back to my cubicle to rush into opening her letter but—she'll notice that it is me now that she saw me. Shit. I rushed back to her office and put it back to her table in the same form as how I got it.

I have to be smart at this or else she'll approach me to finally ask her questions regarding onto this letter stuff.

I hope it's still there, after work.