Wednesday

Since I couldn't actually sleep again, I took the chance to wait for the sunset as I prepare my lunch and heaven's—totally consumed of emotions and my heartbeat.

I disregarded the meal that's stated onto my cupboard along its designated time and routine. I made a medium rare steak. As I continue to cook the steak the smoke had piled up in the room but it did not stop me from singing.

"I can't bring myself to say goodbyeeeeeeeeee, I'm chasing fire when I'm running after youuuuuuuu, youuuuu. You got something that I never wanted to looooooseeeee"

This shit had made me go crazy.
With these smiles and reflexes that appeared suddenly as I dances along the music at 4:30 am in the morning.

Huh, chasing fire, you mean chasing air!

I chuckled a little bit as I kept on remembering Heaven. I had made up conversations and future conversation and topics that we might actually talk about.

I went to the balcony after I finished cooking. I sat and waited for the sun to set as usual, on weekdays. It couldn't be more beautiful as the moon. I don't know what's happening anymore.

The yellow and orange and all of the colors looked so colorful. It made me wonder what it looks like on her eyes. If I could just. But I can't. I can never. Or else, I'd die.

I stood up and exerted a sigh as I walk. I fixed the lunch box leaving a smiley face onto the steak with the use of the other processed meats I had fried.

I fixed myself and wore my black pencil skirt and my white polo t-shirt for today along with my glasses. I readily put both lunch boxes into my bag and went ahead earlier than usual.

I waited for the cab as I went down earlier than the usual. I waited for 15 minutes for he had arrived at exactly 5:45am.

"You are earlier than usual Ms. Devon! What a strange coincidence. This is the second time you had done something different in nine years!" I looked at his mirror and smiled.

"You smiled! Did you actually smiled?!" I even chuckled a little bit out of his shock. Am I truly that dull? Of course I am. I had again stared at the windows seeing how the leaves seemed to dance with their colorful orange color—it is already autumn.

"No, no need. Just keep it up Ms. Devon, whoever's changing you must've been lucky!" As I try to pass him my payment, he refused vehemently making me smile once again.

"I promise to pay you tomorrow." As I proceeded to walk to office leaving a smile on my face. I don't know what's happening to me. I can't seem to get over the thought of her. Of this. Of everything- especially my syndrome. How can we keep this up if I have this syndrome.

How long can she keep this up?

I walked past her office arriving at exactly 6:15. I made me stunned and take a step backwards as I saw her sleeping on her table with the letter beside her head.

I walked past it towards my cubicle. I walked to it again, and past it again, by it again, I decided to take a leap and step towards her office. Slowly. Really slow.

I prayed to all of the celestial being out there to guide me in doing this. I swiped my letter and the lunchbox on top of it on the right side of her table. While I try to snatch the letter on her left side, she moved. I made me startled, stick and frozen from where I am standing. I immediately snatched the letter and ran tip toed back to my cubicle. I almost lost my breath there but not literally. I looked left and right and opened the envelope out of excitement.

Why is she here earlier? Sleeping?

The thought of her stopped me from opening the envelope just yet. I didn't know what happened. I wanted to be by her side, to comfort her, to ask her if she's fine. But I can't. It left me staring at the ceiling and staring at it once again.