Monday Afternoon

I continued to calm myself down with the paper works onto my table. Meeting deadlines is fascinating as it can be. I started to get my normal heartbeat back and my breathing fine.

All that I'm left to do is to recover my letter.

"Shit." I remembered myself making that silly mistake destroying my whole day. Not to think that heaven is now our Manager! When did that happened?! How did that happen?! I started slapping my forehead with my palm out of irritation.

"The cake Ms. Sanders brought is fantastic, don't you think? She already handled her own welcoming party on her first day to get close to all of us. So friendly." As I hear footsteps going over my cubicle. It made me look at the cake seeing that because I missed her party-oh no, I had inadequate sleep because of thinking about------"shit." I whispered under my breath breaking a sigh along it. I got myself onto this shitty mess.

As the lunch break starts I waited for them to gather onto the kitchen as their normal routine goes. I'm supposed to be eating my lunch on my cubicle but here I am, walking towards the manager's office hoping that she's not there.

I inspected through her shadows, I leant a bit to take a look and there was no shadow present. No one is in the office. I walked past it trying to see if there's any letter on her table-my letter.

As I passed by it, I can see an opened paper with its wax beside her name slate. I turned left and right to see if there's anyone else in the vicinity other than me.

As soon as everyone else was in the kitchen I hastily leaped onto her office grabbing my goddamn letter and its envelope with wax. Before I leave I noticed a paper underneath it.

"To Angel" It made me curious as it wasn't there before. My eyebrows talked its way to curiosity and my eyes squinted a little out of confusion.

Angel. Hmm.

I started remembering the name I had put in this letter. It's making me curious. But I had started hearing footsteps closer to mine. I instinctively grabbed the letter and ran away from the manager's office hoping that no one saw me running like a dog.

I went back to my cubicle destroying another plan in my routine. I missed lunch and so is my work. I haven't finished a paper work being bothered by this.

I ripped my letter apart out of emotional embarrassment. I threw in onto my bag. What a dumb mistake. I couldn't fathom why would she have this letter underneath MY letter. She would've been mocking me in this letter of hers.

My fingers kept on hesitating whether to open it or not. I made myself looked like a thief for this. I swirled my fingers onto the smooth surface of the paper thinking still if I would open this or not.

To Angel.

Why?

"Ugh." I vehemently opened it and tore its left edge apart, revealing a white paper that's amounting to 180 gsm as I held it onto my hands. I had let myself to be indulge in this curiosity.

"To Angel,

This is my first day today, did you like the cake I did? "

I blinked once and twice. Shit. I must've gotten the wrong letter. This isn't mine as I swirl my eyes around the table out of panic, I landed my eyes onto the cake beside my paper works.

"Ohh." As my lips rounded on its own and my eyes forming back to its normal size hoping that I did the right thing-to steal the paper.

I reached out my hand and took the fork beside the plate breaking the triangular shape of the cake's formation.

I slowly opened my mouth as the fork reaches it simultaneously putting back my eyes onto the paper.

"I got you. So you are here in the office, with me, what may be the cause for you to give me this letter?"

The cake went onto the wrong hole, fuck! The cake started blowing out of my mouth with the cough forcing its way out as my eyes rounds bigger like how it does when I get these weird Stendhal attacks, the fuck did she just say?! I wanted to throw the paper away but my eyes kept on reading it.

"Take you away? To where? Perhaps you can take me away. From this. From all of this.

I'll see you at the front after our shift ends, Angel. No overtimes, please. "

Ha? Eh? What? I-I can't see her. I can't even be near her! I don't know what to do. My heart started to pound a bit faster, only a bit. With these outrageous lips forming towards my ears along my consciousness that's stopping it. This is bullshit. What a joke.

No one's coming for you, Heaven.