Monday Morning

I woke up before my alarm does, as usual. I lifted my head once again with a little bit of ache this time as I had inadequate sleep time because of the thoughts that's bothering me.

The unusual and uneased movements onto my stomach kept me awake, I couldn't say it did hurt me but it truly is uncomfortable that it kept me awake till 3.

I raised my arm as usual reaching onto the alarm clock but waiting for it to actually ring this time.

It's only starting to vibrate as it displays 4:30 am, I immediately turned it off. The sun isn't up just yet which is the right time for me to go back to the balcony and sit onto the chair.

I wrapped my body onto the blanket once again. I stepped to the kitchen with my hand on my blanket preparing my coffee to get ready for this day.

As my routine goes, I went back to the balcony and sat on the chair. I waited for the sun to rise. I waited, and there it is. The yellowish and heat of the sun rising up between the façade of the buildings and the skies. I hated it. I usually do.

But it's different this time.

My mother and I used to do this all the time, at our own balcony that has this gigantic glass table which is done especially for my father. Surprisingly, I did love it this time.

Heaven.

The thought of her as the sun rises made me nod to disagreement while stopping my smirk embedding onto my mind that we will never meet again. She's a stranger, so am I.

The sun had finally set on its own, I went back to the kitchen to fix my food and my lunch, as usual.

I cooked my food basing on my routine on my cupboard. I successfully packed my lunch and ate 15 minutes before 6.

I immediately dressed myself up with my routinely black pencil skirt and white polo t-shirt and my 2-inched heels for work. It always suites with my thin body and brown long hair. I wore my glasses before going and I exactly went down at 6am as usual with my cab waiting outside.

I walked sophisticatedly as it is not weekends today.

"Good Morning Devon." I only looked at his mirror displaying his smile for he's the one and only cab that had drove for me this long. He knew what time would I always go down, where I work and what roads should he take for me to be there. He knows how my facial expression is. It is normally like this. It does not require any muscle exercises to be fine.

I looked at the window as usual displaying all of the buildings and daily stores that assembles their businesses.

"Ms. Devon, I'd have to apologize but there has been an accident which would make the traffic heavier than usual. I might be behind our 30-minute travel time" He looked at me through his mirror while he can see how annoyed I was when my eyebrows had already spoken for themselves.

I could not do anything at all, I stayed staring at the mirror. This day couldn't be heavier anymore. I already want to proceed to Tuesday.

Because of the traffic it caused I already postponed my routinely sending of letters at the post office since it is scheduled at 6:30 – 6:45. I had arrived at office at 6:41 that made me made up my mind to postpone the errands at the post office. I at least am not late for I expect myself to be at office at 6:48 every Monday since the post office is only 5 blocks away. I'll just catch their working hours later.

I went back to my desk, seeing how work had piled up. I opened my bag with my right hand while my left hand started skimming onto the pages of the paper that's on my table.

I felt a paper, my resignation letter. I took it out and had put it beside my cup on the right side of the table. I plan to execute this resignation as everyone's still absent in their places since our working hours starts at 7:30. I always ready and early for work as I have my routine to follow.

I stopped skimming and left the papers onto my table leaving everything messy. I immediately went to the manager's office, I know Ms. Pat will accept my resignation, for all I care she may not know or notice me at all for I avoid conversing in conversations between people.

I didn't bother knocking for there was still no one who was present at the time. I was a bit confused when Ms. Pat's name on her desk wasn't there at all. I wonder if she's getting her name slate clean. I went ahead and in front of her desk and left my letter onto the middle of her table knowing that as soon as she's present I'll be waiting for her confirmation.

I decided to go back to my desk to fix all of the papers and items that I must've left. But I guess I have none other than this cup of mine.

They had started to arrive while I still look onto the papers thinking who would rush to do all of these jobs one I'm gone.

Since I was resigning I decided to go to the post office since I had figured that I have no things to fix and that they conduct earlier closing of their post office every Mondays.

It was 8:00 am at that time and before I left the office the people present were still countable in my fingers.

I hurriedly went to the post office looking down to avoid annoyance from this world.

I went and walked through this grey patterned pathway for pedestrians. The people are naturally laughing as I can hear them miles away.

I went inside the post office as soon as I had arrived I went to the cashier and took their pen as I only plan to write the address.

The paper. As I write the address it was odd that there's still a lot of space left on the side of the paper.

Why is it longer than the usual?

"Shit." My hands started to shiver out of embarrassment and annoyance for I cannot commit such mistake. I disagree!

I lifted the paper and faced it onto the sunlight to make the actual letter inside visible.

"Leaving your company...." I read it onto my mind leaving my eyes wide open and its whites larger than the usual. My hands kept on shivering and it worked on its own by ripping the seal apart and taking out the letter for confirmation.

I made a mistake.

I could not believe how much of mistake I had taken. I left their pen hanging onto the edge of their cashier as I hastily ran onto the door opening it with my whole strength while rushing back to the office.

I did not mind what I looked like at that time. I did not want Ms. Pat to read it. By estimation it is probably 8:30. I'll just wish this is an unusual day with the odds on my side.

I took steps onto the office revealing no signs of Ms. Pat's name slate but the letter's gone. The letter isn't sitting onto the table but the cake alone.

Cake?

I rushed to my desk as I saw the same cake as well. I could not make my body stop as it started walking and walking around the office—waiting for Ms. Pat to arrive.

I saw a back of a girl who has a blonde hair with her black office skirt and blouse exactly fitted onto her body as I successfully done a 10th lap of my office escapade. She started walking onto Ms. Pat's office which made my eyebrows meet onto the middle.

She sat down. As I turn my eyes onto her face I started getting dizzy, I turned back to the slate that she was bringing as she sat down onto Ms. Pat's office

"Heaven Sanders, CPA" M-my vision had started to get blurry and my heart--- my heart! I closed my eyes trying not to give up on my knees to successfully not make a scene. I hurriedly walked towards my table seeking for my bag. I opened it and immediately drank the meds that was given to me. I went into my cubicle hoping not to be seen by anyone else as I struggle to fix my vision back to its normal state and my heart. I inhaled and exhaled and inhaled and exhaled as I try to control my heartbeat. Every water that I had drank today may had been exerted through this sweaty situation of mine.

"Heaven?!" I whispered under my breath with fear and shock and embarrassment. My routine's destroyed. My day's destroyed. My workplace's atmosphere is destroyed, I delayed my designated resignation. I don't know what to do anymore.