Backstage Tensions-Chapter IV

A week had gone past since we begun the tour and everything seemed to finally be in routine, except the boys. But that was part of the routine, knowing that you'll never know what you're going to get with them.

One minute they could be mellow and chill, the next absolutely crazy and smashing everything in sight.

The boys pushed off the bus and I trailed behind them with the other roadies, carrying Nikki's suitcase.

Once everyone got their hotel rooms sorted we headed for the theatre where their next show would be.

Backstage was a nightmare before they got on stage, everyone was rushing around like headless chickens because so much had to be done before they went on.

I was helping the boys get ready for their concert tonight as everyone else was too busy with set up to do it.

I was helping Tommy first, I decided to start with the hair because it usually takes the longest.

As I ran the comb through his hair I couldn't help but scan the drummers tattoos that were exposed because he wasn't wearing a shirt.

It wasn't uncommon for him to not where a shirt backstage, but I had never gotten to have a close up look at his tattoos before.

They seemed to cover every inch of his skin and I followed along each one with my eyes.

I heard Tommy clear his throat, breaking my concentration.

I looked at him through the mirror seeing he was smirking at me. 'What?'

'Like them huh?' Tommy asked, gesturing to his tattoos by raising his arms slightly.

I picked up a piece of hair and started to tease it. 'Yeah I guess so.' I said cooly.

'Would you ever get one?' Asked the Drummer who was now fiddling with a drumstick, swirling it in between his long milky fingers.

I shrugged. 'Maybe, I hate needles though so I wouldn't want to go by myself.'

I cupped my hand over Tommy's eyes as I sprayed the section I had teased with hair spray, then moving onto another piece and doing the same routine of brushing the hair, teasing and then hair spraying it.

'I could come with you.' He offered casually. 'We can get matching ones.'

I moved to face him front on now, working on the front pieces of his hair.

I giggled. 'As long as it's nothing stupid then sure.'

Tommy seemed slightly offended by this and drew my attention to the tattoos on his body. 'Do these look stupid?' He questioned, pointing at them.

'Ok, ok. No they don't look stupid.'

He nodded, happy to have made his point.

With my free hand I traced the one in the middle of his chest slowly.

It was my favourite one.

Tommy's body shivered slightly from my touch and goosebumps appeared.

'Sorry.' I mumbled, drawing my hand back. 'Cold hands.'

I hadn't realised how close our faces had drifted as we were talking and if we moved any closer we'd be touching foreheads.

'It's alright, i'm pretty drunk so I don't feel it.' He admitted, his warm breath hitting my face from how close we were.

I laughed at him and took a step back so I could continue doing his hair.

Once I was finished Tommy trusted new enough to help him with his makeup.