Arguements-ChapterXIV

Love sets us f    r     eee    e   e   e   e    e
love is not a grip,
all of us- purposed vessels,
trekking adventures ship
- The apricot memoirs

I took a walk to clear my mind and build up the courage to figure out how to break the news to my boyfriend.

I'd picked a shitty day to go for a walk, despite it being so early in the morning, the Los Angeles air was heavily polluted today.

But how was I to know?

I tried to take in as little of the putrid air as possible, walking along the quiet streets.

I didn't know if it was the poor air quality or what but I was beginning to feel worse about telling Tommy then before I decided to go on this walk.

The trees around me rustled in the morning breeze and the birds inside them chirped away, singing their morning songs.

I wished I had time to appreciate the serenity of it.

My stomach knotted as I turned the corner, I was now back on Tommy's street. I sucked in the shitty air, trying to slow down my breathing before I passed out.

I walked up the driveway and onto the porch, sliding the key into the door smoothly and unlocking it.

The house was still dark as the blinds were closed and relatively cleaner then usual because I cleaned it the other day.

The coffee table was a mess though, Nikki came over late last night and stayed up with Tommy. Leftover booze bottles and sprinkles of cocaine covered the oak table.

I walked into the bedroom, to find Tommy awake and dressed. I would've thought he'd be still asleep, especially after the night he had last night.

'Morning baby.' He greeted me happily, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, wishing he was still asleep so I had more time to think about what I was going to say.

Tommy pulled me away, still holding onto my shoulders, frowning slightly. 'What's wrong?' He asked, clearly he could feel I was a bit distant when he hugged me.

I bit my lip, looking down at the ground, I couldn't face him.

I tried to begin to tell him, searching for the words to say. But I couldn't.

'Come on, baby. Tell me.' He persisted. 'You've been acting strange all week.'

I let out a shaky breath, I felt like crying.

'You can trust me.'

I finally gained the courage to look back up at him, my heart shattering into a million pieces as he looked at me worriedly.

'I got a call back for that job with Guns and Roses.' I began slowly. 'They're going on tour in two days and want me to go with them.'

Tommy's hands dropped off my shoulders and I could see his own heart shatter through the way his face changed.

'So how long will you be gone for?' He asked in a monotone way, trying to hide any emotion.

I shrugged. 'A while I guess, just as long as you guys usually go on tour for.'

He nodded slightly, his neck was stiff though.

We stood there in silence for a moment, tension building.

I went to reach for his arm, I wanted to comfort him. But Tommy jerked his arm away from me and stalked out of the room.

I heard something smash out in the living room and I flinched at the loud sound it caused, followed by a yell coming out of Tommy.