Without You-Chapter XV

I twirled Axl's copper hair in between my fingers as we sat on the bus, all of us bored out of our brains.

We had been on tour for a month and it had been quite fun to say the least, I had become good friends with Axl and the rest of the band.

'Hey Rani?' Axl's voice sounded very sleepy.

'Mm?' I hummed, my eyelids were becoming heavy.

'I want to use your voice in a song somehow.' He admitted in a gravely tone.

I blushed, luckily his back was facing me so he couldn't see. 'Oh really? Well i'm not any good at singing.'

'Okay then, we'll do you have a tune you know that you like?'

I thought for a moment and my mind took me back to when I was on tour with the Motley Crüe boys. Vince said to me one time that the tune I had made up would be good for a song.

'I made one up, it's kind of lame though-' I started but Axl cut me off.

'I'm sure it isn't lame.' He turned himself around so he was facing me. 'Go on then.'

I nibbled on my lip, I hated singing in front of people, I knew this wasn't exactly singing but I still felt awkward.

I took a deep breath in and began humming the tune, looking down at the ground as I did so.

Once I finished I looked back up at the singer who to myself relief was smiling at me in awe. 'I actually really like that, i'm gonna use it.'

'As long as I get full credit.' I winked at him, tugging playfully on the strand of his hair that was still in my fingers.

'Of course you will.'

Unlike the Motley Crüe concerts I wasn't allowed backstage before they went on so I went to my hotel room, watching TV and eating chocolate's.

I was only wearing a extra large Guns and Roses shirt and my black underwear, so I hoped they wouldn't need me back at the concert tonight.

As it got to the good part of the movie I heard the phone on the bedside table run loudly.

'This better be good.' I muttered to myself angrily and reached over, picking it up.

'Hello.' I answered in a dull tone, trying to hide my anger incase it was my boss.

There was silence for a moment and I considered hanging up, thinking it was a prank or wrong number.

'Hey- it's uh Tommy.' There was a voice i'd never forget. I hadn't heard from him since our last fight and it was nice to hear his voice.

It sounded like a pool of honey in my ears.

'Hi Tommy.' Was all I could manage to say. My heart was beginning to race and I could feel my hands sweating against the phone.

'I've been thinking about you a lot and I know I fucked up.' He said, rushing his words. 'But I just really wanted to talk to you.'

I sighed loudly. 'Tommy-' There was a knock at my door and my boss came into the room. 'I'm sorry I have to go.'

I could hear protests from the drummer as I hung up, placing the phone back on its holder and dividing my attention to my boss.

Although I wanted to talk to the drummer, this job was all I had now and I couldn't let myself be distracted.

'Sorry to barge in.' He apologised, placing a stack of papers on the other side of my bed. 'This is just the itinerary for next week on the tour, I encourage you to just have a flick through it.'