Feeling The Blues-Chapter VI

I screwed up.

I should've stopped all this while I still could.

But I couldn't now and there was no turning back.

I couldn't deny the feelings I felt for Tommy, but I could try to suppress them.

Mick and I sat either side of the wooden table, playing 21 while we headed to our next destination.

Every so often I could here moaning coming from Vince and the girl he was making out with behind us.

Nikki and Tommy say further up on the bus, drinking themselves into a drunken coma.

They brought a new meaning to go hard or go home, except they couldn't go home they're on tour.

'Hit me.' Mick said and I handed him a card off the pile.

Staring at my cards I had a five, six, two and another five. Eighteen was an unlucky hand to have and I couldn't work out whether I should fold or pick up another card.

I decided to keep the deck I had, I didn't want to go bust. 'I'm sitting.' I told Mick.

'Yeah me too.'

We both placed down our cards and Mick had gotten Twenty.

I groaned, flopping my head into my hand, feeling defeated. 'No fair you keep winning!'

'It's not my fault you suck.' He teased, collecting the cards and shuffling them.

'I don't suck, you're just a cheat.' I protested, waving my arms around. 'You have to be you can't just win all the time.'

I'll admit it I was a sore loser.

Mick laughed. 'Whatever helps you sleep at night, Loxley.'

Our bus had pulled up at a main street in a country town, we must've been making a pit stop.

'Now listen boys, you better stay on this bus.' Doc ordered, facing them all as he stood at the front of the bus. 'I'm going to go get some food.'

Doc then made eye contact with me. 'And Rani is going to get the smokes.'

I nodded, slidding out of my seat, grabbing my denim jacket and throwing it over my shoulder.

'Rani, always gets the wrong ones though.' Vince said, seeming upset with the idea of me getting them.

I turned to face Vince, my hands on my hips. 'Hey!'

'Sorry, Rani but it's true.'

I looked around at the other boys but they all stayed quiet. 'Fuck you all.'

Tommy got up out of his seat. 'I'll come with you, you know, to make sure you get the right ones.'

I nodded casually, playing off everything cooly.

Everything was totally cool. It wasn't like I had made out with him the other night and that Nikki pretty much caught us.

Doc sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. 'Alright you can go with Rani. But the rest of you stay here got it?'

The boys put their hands up in surrender and with that the three of us got off the bus.

Doc headed down the left side of the street towards the grocers and Tommy and I headed right, towards the tobacconist.

The town seemed like a ghost town. There were no cars on the roads or people walking the streets.

It was so quiet that I could here cows mowing in their paddocks in the distance.