Looks That Kill-Chapter VIII

I stood in the corner of the room, lighting my cigarette as I watched the makeup artists get the boys ready.

Why the fuck did I agree to do this?

I could have chosen better ways to spend my free time then stand around in a stuffy television studio, watching them get interviewed.

I lifted up my right leg, resting the back of my foot on the wall behind me, my feet were beginning to get sore from all the standing around.

As I exhaled my smoke, the cloud drifted over to the makeup artists directions, causing them all to look up at me with distaste.

I snickered at this, doing it once again, this time taking a bigger drag so the cloud was larger.

You could say I was terribly bored.

Right beside the girl who was working on Nikki's makeup, I noticed there was a jar of lollipops.

I could really go for a lolly, I hadn't eaten all day.

I put my butt out in the glass ashtray beside me and made my way over to Nikki. 'Looking good.' I complimented him.

'Thanks, Rani.' He said through a very clenched jaw, teeth jittering slightly as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

He was clearly on drugs and if Doc found out he would be furious.

I looked from Nikki to the girl doing his makeup. 'Can I have one of these?' I asked her, pointing at the jar of lollipops.

She nodded whilst still working on his makeup.

I stuck my hand in, pulling out two lollipops one cherry red and one lime green.

I threw the lime green one into Nikki's lap. 'I think you're going to need it if you're going to hide that from Doc.' I told him quietly, tapping my finger on his jaw.

He seemed disappointed that I had noticed. 'You noticed that huh?'

'I think everyone watching the interview will if you don't shove that in your mouth.'

Soon it was time for the boys to go out to the recording room which was set out like a living room.

I stood next to one of the cameras, watching them.

'Good afternoon everyone and welcome back.' The male host said cheerfully, staring into the middle camera. 'Today we are joined with Motley Crüe who are currently on tour.'

I tried not to laugh as I watched Nikki suck hard on the lollipop, I mean at least it was working.

'So boys how has touring been so far?' He asked them all waiting for someone to answer.

It took a moment before Vince decided to talk. 'Yeah it's been great. Tiring at times of course, but really great.'

The host looked down at his clipboard resting on his lap and back at the boys. 'Now, do you have plans for another album after this tour?'

This time Nikki was first to answer. 'Yeah. That's the plan, man. Just to keep making music.'

'Now on the show our viewers send in questions they'd like me to ask whoever's on the show, would you be alright with me reading them to you?'

The boys all shrugged and nodded, I knew they wouldn't be bothered by it.

If there was one thing about Motley Crüe they weren't fake, they answered truthfully, their was no lie.

No mask that they hid behind, well in this case Nikki was covering the fact he was on drugs by sucking on a lollipop, but you get what I mean.

'First question is for Tommy.' The interviewer said and I straightened up in my spot. 'Do you have a girlfriend?'