Energetic Drummer-Chapter V

I had finally finished scrubbing the vomit out of the carpet, it was especially harder to clean considering it hardened over night.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and glanced up at the sleeping drummer, he looked peaceful and some how angelic, something I never thought i'd describe him as.

I couldn't tell if what he said to me last night was true or not.

But, realistically it wouldn't be true, I mean he was pretty wasted.

However, a part of me wanted to believe him.

I decided I wanted to pay him back for making me clean up his vomit.

I just didn't know how.

That's when a lightbulb went off and I came up with the perfect idea.

I waltzed into the kitchen, pouring some cold water into a cup.

I snuck back into the bedroom, careful not to ruin the surprise.

'Okay on the count of three.' I whispered to myself. 'One.... Two..... Three.'

I threw the cup of water into the drummers face, causing him to spring up into a sitting position, rubbing the water out of his eyes.

'What the fuck, Rani!' He yelled throwing his hands in the air.

I tried to hold back my laugh. 'That's payback for making me clean up your vomit!'

'Fuck, sorry. I was pretty wasted last night I don't remember a thing.' That last part stung.

'So you don't remember anything?' I asked him, trying to hide my disappointment.

He thought for a moment.

Then shook his head. 'No nothing... well there is one thing but it can't be right I was completely wrecked.'

I laughed lightly, trying to hide the fact I had been crushed on the inside. 'Wrecked.' I repeated, staring blankly at the drummer.

'Are you okay?' He asked me breaking my trance.

'Yeah, fine.' I lied, starting to collect my stuff. 'Actually, Doc called me he needs me to do something i'll see you on the bus.'

And with that I left the room, wheeling my suitcase behind me and shutting the door, cutting off the sound of Tommy's voice.

I needed some time to think and I still had a few hours before we needed to get on the bus again.

Nothing a hot chocolate couldn't fix, right?

Usually I was more of a latte girl but this called for chocolate.

I remembered there was a cafe around the corner from the hotel we drove past so I decided to go there to get my hot chocolate.

The fresh air was nice, although it had a cold bite to it it was still nice.

I breathed it in as I set off down the street to the cafe, my suitcase thundering behind me, causing stares from people walking past me.

The road that I walked along side was rather busy, it was interesting to think that everyone was consumed in their own lives, they had their own problems. their own agendas.

I pushed open the cafe door, a little bell jingled as I stepped inside.

My boots tapped along the linoleum of the handkerchief sized cafe which was quiet empty. A girl with red hair smiled at me from the front counter.

Under the counter was a display of toasted sandwiches, slices of cake and different pastries.

'Hi.' I said as I looked up at the menu board above her, pretending not to know what I was going to get.