VII

Or... Namjoon did have a mate. No one knew about them but for themselves. It was out of the blue and surely was not expected. Namjoon's mate was the one who suggested they keep everything a secret until they figured out their feelings towards the whole thing. They were still mates... but... not exactly? It was complicated but what Namjoon didn't understand was why did this boy in front of him make him feel almost the exact same way whenever he was around his mate?

"Let's go to another place." Namjoon quickly got out of line. "What- why?! Joon!" Yoongi called out to Namjoon who just kept on walking. Yoongi frowned at that but nonetheless, pulled Jimin out of the line to follow after Namjoon. Meanwhile, the stranger watched the male and his two friends walk off. "Jin, let's go, it's our turn." The male pulled Seokjin which made him look away from the three males. "Okay... yeah, let's go!" the boy smiled and followed after the male.

Taehyung hurried away from the crowd with Eunwoo close behind. After washing themselves off, Taehyung laughed at how Eunwoo was splashed just right after he finished cleaning himself off. "This shit just ain't fair. I stood in line to clean myself for what? ten minutes?" Eunwoo scoffed at that while Taehyung shook his head. "Tae?" Taehyung jumped at the voice.

Stepping back from Eunwoo, Taehyung turned to see Jungkook walking over to him with a pissed expression. Grabbing Taehyung's arm, Jungkook pulled Taehyung behind him and stood in front of Eunwoo. Tongue pressing against his inner right cheek, both boys stared each other down before Eunwoo gave a breathy chuckle. "We're out of high school. Let's drop this rivalry, yeah?" Eunwoo held out his hand.

Jungkook eyed the boy before he looked at his hand. Rolling his eyes and turning to grab Taehyung, dragging him away without any words. This always confused Taehyung honestly. Taehyung knew everything about Jungkook- almost everything at least. This was one thing Jungkook never opened up about. Never once told Taehyung why he and Eunwoo were on such bad terms. When they were far enough, Jungkook let go of Taehyung and turned to him.

"What did I say about him Taehyung?" Jungkook spoke in a calm tone but his facial expression said otherwise. "I don't get it. I shouldn't have to stay away from Eunwoo if I don't technically know what you and he have against each other." Taehyung looked at Jungkook confusingly. Closing his eyes and breathing in, Jungkook opened his eyes and grabbed at Taehyung's shoulders. "I told you once and I'll tell you again Taehyung. Stay away from him, please. It's for your own good, okay? please?"

Taehyung kept eye contact with Jungkook and seeing that his gaze was softened, Taehyung breathed out and nodded. Taehyung knew Jungkook loved and cared for him, in best friend ways of course and if Jungkook told him to stay away then he'll listen to that. Nodding along, Jungkook looked around. "Hoseok was behind me just a second ago. Then again I was too busy focusing on you with that disgrace." Jungkook grumbled before turning away and looking for Hoseok through the crowd.

"... I'm sure he's here somewhere but I was going to dry off. Are you following or?" Taehyung didn't even need to finish as Jungkook nodded quickly and started to walk with Taehyung. "Are we staying for the fireworks tonight?" Jungkook asked Taehyung who hummed, shrugging. "I don't know but I hope so. I personally had enough mud in my mouth for one day." Taehyung spat onto the ground when no one was looking.

"I didn't eat today either. I mean... I had a lollipop on the way but I've been mostly taking in the mud." Jungkook scrunched up his nose and Taehyung chuckled at that, ruffling up Jungkook's hair. "We'll go to a nearby stand and get something for you to eat yeah?" Taehyung led the way while Jungkook followed. Jungkook only had a shorts while Taehyung had a shirt and shorts. Twisting his shirt in all sorts of directions to get the water to drain from the shirt.

After returning from the vehicle, Taehyung bought grilled clams for Jungkook. Deciding to go to a restaurant that was not that far away but it did take a while for Taehyung to get back. "I got you some grilled clams and..." Taehyung pulled a small carton of banana milk out of the bag and placed it beside Jungkook who grinned instantly but lost his smile when a few girls walked by and giggled.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow as he sat down. "I'm not a baby anymore Taehyung. I don't like... that milk anymore." Jungkook scoffed while Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Alright fine, I'll drink it." Just as Taehyung grabbed the carton, Jungkook grabbed it away from Taehyung. "OR!" Jungkook said loudly but calmed his tone a second later. "Or... we can share." Jungkook bit his lower lip. With a laugh, Taehyung nodded and sat down to face the festival.

Jungkook got into the grilled clams Taehyung got for him. Seeing that Jungkook started to eat happily, a hum of satisfaction made Taehyung feel like everything was back to normal. Although Jungkook was protective of Taehyung, Taehyung was also protective of Jungkook. Making sure he was healthy and all. "I bet you could make better grilled clams though," Jungkook said through chewing, though he did hide his mouth with his hand.

Taehyung placed his elbows on the picnic table and rested his chin on the palms of his hands. "You and I both know I can't cook for shit." The boy scoffed at Jungkook who snorted at that, nodding in agreement as he took in another grilled clam. Finishing it before he pushed the rest over to Taehyung. "I don't know. You make pretty good cereal. Now eat up." Jungkook opened up the carton of milk.

Rolling his eyes, Taehyung took the grilled clam into his hold and tasted it for himself. Now he knew why Jungkook hummed in satisfaction because he soon did that himself. With that, the two enjoyed their little supper alone and the company with each other. That was before Namjoon showed up with the others. "See! I knew they'd be here." Jimin pointed out as they got closer. "We just walked around down there for like... an hour looking for you brats." Jimin walked over to the two.

"We've been here for like... two hours." Taehyung looked at the others who were still slightly wet from the festival. "I made Jungkook get you guys some towels while I went grab some food for you guys." Jimin was quick to grab at the bag but Jungkook grabbed the bag from Jimin. "Not for you though, you called us a brat." Taehyung sucked on his lip and looked at Jungkook, agreeing with him. "Nothing for Jimin, sorry." he shrugged.

"You little-" Jimin grabbed Taehyung and put him in a headlock but that all stopped when Jungkook stood up. This caused Jimin to let go and run behind Namjoon who laughed. "Oh my god, Jimin... aren't you supposed to be an alpha?" Hoseok looked at Jimin behind Namjoon. "I'm an omega at heart when it comes to Jungkook." Jimin fully admitted but realized his words. "Not... wait not like that thou-" Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Well Jimin... didn't know you felt that way about me but... I only fuck female omega's... I'm sorry." Jungkook held back his laughter while everyone else laughed. Yoongi enjoying the teasing they did towards his mate. "Shut up! I didn't mean it like that. Look I might be scared of Jungkook but at least I have a mate. That's my flex." Jimin grabbed Yoongi and hugged him from behind, sticking out his tongue before pulling Yoongi closer.

"And I'll always be your superior because who's the full blood alpha male here huh?" Jungkook was still standing as he leaned on the picnic table. His stare almost burning towards Jimin who tried to stand his ground- okay this got heated quickly. Taehyung stepped between the two. "This doesn't change that you both are mutts. Please shut up and enjoy the food before it gets colder than it actually is."

That got everyone to shut up as they got into the food. Though as Namjoon waited for everyone to grab their food, he looked over his shoulder and caught the same colored hair. Turning around almost in the same second, he saw the same male that stood in front of him. Watching him walk off with his friends. "Joon," Hoseok called out to Namjoon who looked at Hoseok.

With a gulp, Hoseok motioned towards the food. "You can have the rest." he sat down on the picnic table with Jungkook who was busy playing a game on his phone. Focused on the mobile game while Taehyung watched closely, mesmerized by the game and Jungkook's skills. "To your right- no my right." Taehyung moved closer until he was leaning over the table to watch Jungkook who took Taehyung's advice. "There!"

At that moment, everything felt the same as it was before everything happened. It made Taehyung's heart warm with happiness. He got his best friend back, for a while.