XIV

Taehyung looked at Jungkook across the room. This was the last week they would be together as 'friends with benefits' although Taehyung stopped or at least tried to stop doing what they were doing for some while now. Once Taehyung started accepting his feelings for Jungkook... the whole situation just led him on. Yes, he knows he made a big mistake falling for Jungkook during this time but what could he do? Tell his feelings to fuck off? It doesn't work like that. Although he wished it did work like that.

Shaking his head, Taehyung finished the sandwich he made for Jungkook. Placing it in front of him before plopping on the couch across from Jungkook. Eyebrows furrowed, Jungkook took a bite of his sandwich before walking over to Taehyung who was already mumbling 'no' with a slight laugh. "Too late," Jungkook smirked at Taehyung before pushing Taehyung down onto the couch as Jungkook laid on top of Taehyung. A hum of satisfaction coming from the younger boy.

"You cow, get off me." Taehyung huffed out which only led to Jungkook raising an eyebrow and looking up at Taehyung. "You don't mind me when I'm coming down from my high like this." Jungkook pointed out which was true since Jungkook was usually always hovered above Taehyung unless it was a punishment. "Oh shut up. That's different... and we stopped so let us not talk about that, okay?" Taehyung looked at Jungkook who had a confused expression.

"Did you just... end things with me?" Jungkook asked in a confused tone as he did not know Taehyung was planning on ending it. Noticing the sudden change in behaviour with Jungkook, Taehyung opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. The vibe from Jungkook and dark orbs kind of just scared Taehyung. "I mean well..." Taehyung gulped once Jungkook got off Taehyung and sat between Taehyung's legs. Although he still had the whole scary vibe coming off him.

Taehyung used his hands to push himself up in a seating position, kind of with his hands holding him up. "You turn eighteen in literally six days Jungkook and-" Jungkook spoke up before Taehyung could finish. "And? that's six days. That doesn't mean we have to you know... stop what we're doing." Jungkook lowered his voice at that since Taehyung's parents were upstairs. Although they were just cuddling... it was a norm for them to do that in front of their parents.

"And..." Taehyung carried on from his words. "We should end things now so later on it won't be... I don't know... confusing?" Taehyung shrugged at his words. At first, he was going to explain something like how they won't hurt each other's feelings or more likely... Taehyung's feelings but well... he would be exposing himself there so he decided to say something else. Jungkook though was quiet and his facial expression was blank. Taehyung not being able to read the boy.

"Well... I don't want to end it. We still have six days so... why not just enjoy the six days?" Jungkook said while looking so innocent and Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the boy in front of him. Then there it was... the stupid butterfly feeling as he stretched out his arm and caressed Jungkook's cheek. "Jungkook..." Taehyung started off but the words Jungkook spoke next caught Taehyung off guard that he kind of just froze on the spot.

"What if we're mates?" Jungkook questioned while leaning into Taehyung's touch. His doe eyes looking up at Taehyung's widened ones. Jungkook honestly was having these thoughts. They've been friends since babies. They started this little fling months ago and... if he was being honest... he felt something with Taehyung. It confused him still, yes but there was definitely something there. "Doesn't it all fit together and make sense? Think about it. We were destined to be best friends so why wouldn't we be destined to be mates? We're inseparable. We get along so well and... you and my mom are the only two that can calm me down." Jungkook tried to put two and two together.