XXXV

Their parents did process the whole thing quickly when the boys told them. Having to tell the story how they realized their feelings for each other- though they mixed it up since of course, they did not want to say 'we became fuck buddies'. Their parents were over the moon about the whole situation and congratulated them over and over again. Not to forget the little supper they had for the new couple. It was just them and now that everything was out, they felt at peace.

Well- not entirely. They still had to wait for the rejection to be official which also meant Jungkook had to stay away from Nari. Couldn't be in the same place with her or his wolf would feel like there was hope and hold on longer. It wasn't a problem though since Jungkook knew he wouldn't be seeing her anytime soon. Other than that... Jimin and Yoongi's wedding was coming up very fast! Originally they still had about two months to go but things turned around for them.

Yoongi's grandmother fell sick and that is the one person in the entire world Yoongi loves more than Jimin really. Well- you could say they hold a different type of love but this woman is everything to Yoongi so they moved up the wedding. Which really was not a problem for Yoongi but then again they had to reschedule and all that. "We figured we should have a night out like the whole you know... last few days before you're in this forever but we're mates and we're bound to be together forever anyway plus... we don't really have friends other than you guys and we didn't want to split you guys." Yoongi swirlled his drink in his cup.

Tonight they planned their bachelore party at a bar. Usually it would be just one of the two but Jimin and Yoongi were inseperatable so of course it was the both of them, and for the reasons listed before. Taehyung then looked at Jungkook who grabbed a can from the fridge since Hoseok offered him one. "What?" Jungkook looked confusingly at Taehyung while opening the can. Taehyung could only stare at Jungkook and the drink. Processing that he was about to witness Jungkook drink for the first time in front of him.

"Go on." Taehyung looked at the drink then at Jungkook, making it obvious why he was staring. Jungkook raised an eyebrow before he laughed. Holding up the can, Jungkook clicked his tongue and took not just a sip but gulps of the can in which in a few seconds he was finishing with a 'ahh' sound just to annoy Taehyung who rolled his eyes. "Show off." Jungkook laughed at Taehyung's mumbles while falling back onto the couch and wrapping his arm around Taehyung's shoulders. "I'm just full of surprises aren't I?" Jungkook played with Taehyung's earlobe with the hand that was wrapped around Taehyung's shoulders.

"Still a pain in the ass though." Jimin cheered Yoongi to that. The boys laughed but for Jungkook who held that intimidating stare for a moment until he laughed. "Okay, that was a good one." Jungkook admitted. "You think the drink got to him? He agreed with me." Jimin nudged Hoseok who agreed that the drink got to Jungkook. Well- before Jungkook stood up in which the boys got a bit jumpy. Jungkook only gave a chuckle while walking to the fridge.

"Jungkook chill- we're still going to the bar." Taehyung got up to follow Jungkook who grabbed his drink already and hid it behind his back. "You're acting like I can't handle my alcohol." Jungkook stepped back from Taehyung who rolled his eyes. "Can you blame me for worrying?" Taehyung stopped in front of Jungkook. The boy looked at Taehyung while dragging his tongue across his bottom lip. Tilting his head. "You're looking at me like i'm still the kid you used to watch over. I'm not a kid anymore Taehyung. I'm you're very hot, very powerful mate." Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's waist. "And i'll show you that I am. But not right now."

With a wink and peck to Taehyung's lips, Jungkook walked away from Taehyung to join the group that was getting ready. Taehyung felt a little tingle throughout his body but shook it off once he heard the can being opened. Jimin joining Taehyung after seeing that Taehyung was still standing there. "He's not wrong though. You're looking at Jungkook like he's the kid you used to take care of." Jimin mentioned to Taehyung. The boy shook his head at that. "I'm not I just..."

With a groan, Taehyung hit Jimin's arm lightly. "I'm still getting used to the fact that he's my mate. Like... we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together. It's still processing and the fact he chugged down a beer like it was nothing? I'm jealous cause I still can't do that without gagging." Taehyung grabbed his jacket and Jimin laughed. "That's what he said." he giggled like a child saying those words. Which made Taehyung laugh because of Jimin's giggles. "Oh shut up, let's go." Taehyung pushed Jimin to start walking and he did.

Clinking their shot cups, they all took a shot with a whole bunch of strangers in their little circle. Hoseok being the loud mouth and telling these strangers that his friends were getting married. The thing was- Hoseok was not drinking. He did his fair share in getting drunk these few months so he decided to take care of his friends and also be the driver. Plus taking care of Namjoon was already a handful enough. Taehyung sucked in a breath and chased his shot with biting into a lime. Jungkook watching Taehyung with heart's in his eyes- well if that was possible it would be him right now.

"Here, drink it." Even after the lime, Taehyung hated straight shots of harsh stuff. Looking at Jungkook with a grossed face, he took the cup of orange juice while leaning into Jungkook who back hugged him and held onto his lover. "Better?" Jungkook asked Taehyung who nodded and gave Jungkook back his cup. "Mm. yes. Calm down though, okay? You took more shots than I have in the past hour." Taehyung turned to Jungkook who rolled his eyes at the boy.

Taehyung didn't even get to say anything else before Jungkook dragged him into the hallway towards the bathroom's. "Stop that." Jungkook turned to Taehyung who was a bit confused on what he was supposed to be stopping. "Stop...?" Taehyung questioned and Jungkook sighed. "Treating me like I'm a kid who doesn't know their limits. I've drank before Taehyung, I know my body. I'm not your best friend- well I am but not just your best friend. I'm your mate now. Not a kid you watch over." Jungkook explained to Taehyung.

Okay... maybe Taehyung was being a little too controlling about this drinking thing but... he didn't know how to act! Even when they fucked around Taehyung was pretty serious in the aftermath of having sex. "I'm sorry.. okay? I'm sorry I just... I want..." Taehyung couldn't even find the words to say. Jungkook waited though and Taehyung breathed out before speaking. "We never had a public relationship. I never had one. We both only fucked before and it stayed between us. Out of the bedroom you were... once just my best friend. It's still processing that you're my mate."

"So you're saying you haven't accepted it? That you still see me as your 'best friend' and just that?" Jungkook asked Taehyung with a scoff in between his words. Taehyung shook his head but then started to nod. "I don't know! I... I don't know. It feels like we're just friends with benefits all over again and that's bad. It's so so bad but it's what I'm familiar with. I just... need time to process the whole thing but I love you. I love you so much and I'm also worried you'll get too drunk and regret something..." Taehyung usually wouldn't speak his feelings like this.

Maybe because the three straight shots he took was getting to him. Jungkook stared at Taehyung for a moment and tried to get what he was saying and he did. "Regret something. You mean regret leaving Nari? You think I'm gonna get drunk and cry for her or something? Have you not been listening to my words? I've said over and over how much I love you. How you are everything to me. I even told you if you didn't choose me, I'd choose myself and still leave her. What's so hard to understand about that Taehyung?" Jungkook had to raise his voice since the music started to overlap him.

"No Jungkook-" Taehyung grabbed onto the collar of the boy who only pulled away and walked off with an annoyed expression. "Jungkook..." Taehyung called out and sighed as he watched Jungkook join his friends. Okay... not the way this night was supposed to go.