XXXII

It was like Jungkook knew what was about to happen because when Nari got closer, she had this face that was not happy and she had her eyes on Taehyung. Next thing Taehyung knew was Jungkook was grabbing Nari who tried to slap Taehyung who backed away. Squirming in Jungkook's hold, Nari pushed Jungkook away after a bit of trying to get through him. Though she kept her eyes on Taehyung. The boy looked down. "Look at me!" She yelled.

"Nari stop!" Jungkook stopped her again from trying to attack Taehyung. Again, she pushed Jungkook away. "Shut up, just shut up! You're protecting someone who is not your mate! How fucked up is that? How fucked up is this whole situation because I'm trying to fight someone who doesn't even want me! Why would you mate me in the first place? Why the hell would you do all that just to break me in the end? I spent the whole day crying over you when you clearly don't give one single fuck about me! Do I have to be a boy for you to love me?!" She blurted out.

Jungkook was taken back from that but he tried to calm her down even if she kept pushing him away. "You wanna know why I mated you? Because of my hormones! You were in heat Nari. I didn't even plan to go see you... you called me over and over again so I did. I mated you because our wolves were screaming to mate. My wolf loves you I know that for sure but I as a person loves Taehyung. I can't help that and even if I could I wouldn't want to! So stop trying to go after him, it's not his fault. If you want to blame anyone, blame me."

Taehyung felt horrible at the moment. One second he was about to tell Jungkook that he was his mate and the whole story about it and next thing you know he's about to be slapped around by Jungkook's mate. Listening to the two argue, Taehyung can't believe he was stuck in this situation. If only everything could be simple and easy like a normal life! but this... this was too crazy and he would not want to remember this at all. He's been through enough this year.

"You don't understand. I'm telling you in your face in clear words that I don't love you. My wolf loves you but I don't. Even if Taehyung doesn't want me I choose myself. I'm choosing happiness because let's be honest Nari, we don't work. We never did even when we tried. We were happy at first because it was new and exciting but that faded. You need someone who will be happy years into the relationship. As your mate, I want the best for you and the best is not me." Jungkook held onto Nari who was calmer now as Jungkook started talking to her.

"You aren't happy too and you know that. You like the image of what is your mate. You like the idea of me and not me as a person. We had a good run but that was just the excitement. I'm sorry I betrayed you but this was never going to work out in the first place and I apologize for letting this go on for so long while knowing what I wanted and who I wanted." Jungkook apologized to Nari who stood there looking at Jungkook and soon looked at Taehyung.

She did everything she could to try to salvage her relationship with Jungkook but now it was clear. Plus Jungkook must have made her realize that she wasn't happy. Hasn't been happy with Jungkook for a long while. Maybe she did love the idea of having a true blood mate. Loved the idea of Jungkook but didn't actually love him. They were different. They were closed out from each other. It wasn't healthy and now she started to realize it as she wiped her tears. Nodding, she sniffed and stood in front of Jungkook.

"I, Ahn Nari reject you, Jeon Jungkook as my mate." She stood there in tears with Jungkook who felt a wave of emotions shoot through him but the relief he felt was amazing. Breathing in, Jungkook spoke up after breathing out. "I, Jeon Jungkook reject you, Ahn Nari as my mate." They looked at each other and felt the sadness and hurt but it was what was right. She couldn't say anything else and so she turned and left with tears and a broken heart. They did reject each other but it would take time for the bond to break and for his wolf to move on.