XVIII

Namjoon sat alone in the hotel bar. This was Namjoon's way of healing during his rejection from Hoseok. Though... Namjoon has yet to reject Hoseok. So currently as Hoseok let him go, Namjoon couldn't let Hoseok go. Namjoon knew he had to reject Hoseok to feel okay again but... shit he doesn't know why he didn't reject Hoseok when Hoseok rejected him. Maybe it was because Namjoon has had this big crush on Hoseok since middle school and when he found out they were mates... it was like he was the main character.

Or well... for a moment he thought before Hoseok went against wanting to have Namjoon as a mate. The whole time they 'tried' it was amazing, for Namjoon at least since he couldn't talk for Hoseok but it really was amazing. They went on dates, a lot of dates actually that was so great and memorable. They made out plenty of times and just like that... Hoseok rejected him? It made no sense to Namjoon but here he is, sitting in the hotel bar.

Namjoon wasn't drinking but being around drunk people and their drunk talk was always funny. So Namjoon sat there and thought out his problems until he saw that one male who he saw months ago on their trip. Eyes widening, Namjoon watched the male walk towards the bar. Shaking his head, Namjoon turned away and grabbed his bottled water. "Water please." The male announced as Namjoon gave a little glance. So clearly he wasn't drinking either.

Seokjin waited for his water but also noticed the little stare coming off from this other male just inches away from him. Turning his head to sneak a peek at who was staring him down, he froze for a moment when he noticed it was the male from his trip a few months ago. "Actually, can I have two shots?" Seokjin announced to the bartender who nodded and told Seokjin that it was coming up. A few months ago he was with his friends enjoying time so he couldn't catch this boy's name. It would be different tonight though.

"Thank you Ms. Chang." Taehyung bowed to the elderly lady that paid Taehyung for his job. Sighing, Taehyung walked off onto the pavement and pocketed his money in his sock. Just because he always had a fear if he kept his money in his wallet, someone would steal it from him and he was not trying to experience that. The day was nice though. Not as busy as usual which was weird but calming? Then again... it was the middle of the day when people would usually be working. Just give it another two hours and it'll be crazy.

Just as Taehyung walked down the sidewalk, enjoying the cool breeze... his phone rang. Picking it up within a few seconds, Taehyung answered with a smile and hung up with a shocked and saddening look. Hurrying to call a cab over and getting into the cab. Thoughts ran through his head about the information he just received. Not sure how to feel exactly but he needed his mother.

So within half an hour, Taehyung was in his mom's arms. "Are you okay?" Taehyung asked his mom who nodded slowly within the hug. "Just... taken back that's all." She pulled away and planted a kiss on Taehyung's forehead. "Are you?" She asked. Taehyung only gulped as he thought over his feelings about the situation but all he did was shrug. So here was the story of Taehyung's family. Taehyung's dad right now, the one in his life is not his biological father. Though he likes to tell people that Chul is his father because he is more than a father than his actual father.

Taehyung's biological father had issues. Throughout Taehyung's childhood, his father mentally and physically abused him. With his mother knowing of course because she was given the same treatment, Taehyung worse considering he was the 'annoying' kid. No one knew about his fathers actions other than Jungkook. Why? Because no one believed Taehyung when he told people that his dad beat him up or his mother. Usually, his mother would make up lies but that was to keep them safe and she believed in the whole 'you can only mate once'.

Miyoung believed that the love she felt was normal. That this is what she deserved since she was a little wild before she met Taehyung's father. Thought this was the moon goddess giving her a punishment. So she stuck through it but seeing that Taehyung was also getting that treatment? It took her seven years to realize this was not a punishment but a trap. So she left with Taehyung and never went back. Being away from Taehyung's father for so long resulted in a natural rejection in which the mark would burn away on its own with time. It took two years for that mark to burn away and for Taehyung's mother to become free.

Within those two years, Miyoung got with Taehyung's now 'step-dad', Chul. Chul gave her the world and never overstepped his boundaries. Chul loved both of them equally and now it's been almost thirteen years since Taehyung last saw his father. They never brought up his father because well.. it was just not a topic neither of them liked. The thing was... Chul has always been in their lives. How? Chul was Miyoung's best friend since middle school. They did everything together before Miyoung met Taehyung's father. So it was kind of meant to be from the very beginning.

"When... did you get the call?" Taehyung asked his mother who got the tea ready for them with shaky hands. Taehyung knew his father wasn't a comforting topic to talk about. "A few hours ago. I had to... like process the whole thing so it took a minute to phone you and all." She gave the cup to Taehyung. Stirring her own tea with the spoon she held in her hold.

Inhaling, Taehyung nodded and grabbed the holder of the cup. Looking at the tea, Taehyung again was trapped within his thoughts for a little while. "You don't have to see him Taehyung. You're old enough to not fall for his words." Taehyung's mother sat next to Taehyung and rubbed his back. Taehyung could only smile at his mother. How could she be so strong? Although Taehyung went through most of the abuse, she had to watch her child because she thought it was her punishment.

All the time she regrets ever letting Taehyung's father touch Taehyung like he did but they moved on from that. They've healed in ways and just the spark of Taehyung's father opening this conversation brought back the old feeling. The feeling of always being scared. Taehyung's mother made sure Taehyung was alright though. "... I don't know." Taehyung shrugged again. Just as they sat there, Chul came walking in with his work bag before placing it on the table and getting between the two. This was the first time in forever Taehyung saw his mother looked so relieved but yet so scared as she broke into tears when Chul hugged her.

"It's okay Mi. Cry it out, it's okay." Chul comforted Taehyung's mother while also rubbing Taehyung's back. Holding back the tears, Taehyung looked at his father with a smile. "Thank you." He whispered to Chul who nodded with glossy eyes. Then as if on time before the waterworks came, Taehyung heard the sound of the door opening and closing. Footsteps coming inside and there he saw the Jeon's rushing in. Chul probably called them because of course they were their best friends.

What Taehyung didn't expect to see was Jungkook walking in right after his parents. Part of him wanted to tell Jungkook to leave. Wanted nothing to do with Jungkook at the moment. Though this was his best friend. The male that knew everything that went on with his biological father. So pushing his feelings aside for just a few minutes, Taehyung got up from his seat and walked up to Jungkook.

Wrapping his arms around Jungkook, Jungkook snaked his arm around his waist and held Taehyung closely. A sigh of relief coming from Taehyung who finally had that warmth he missed oh so fucking much. Then a wave of emotions hit him as he started to tear up. Taehyung didn't cry though. Maybe let a few tears slip but that was it before he tried to pull away from Jungkook who only held onto Taehyung for a little longer. And maybe that was all Taehyung needed to feel just a little bit okay right now.