XI

As stated before, from that day onward Taehyung and Jungkook were more than just friends but less than a couple. The first couple of weeks they had to adjust to their new relationship with each other but it was no longer awkward between the two. Especially with Jungkook who started to act like a baby around Taehyung again. Well- take away the moments when they got on each others nerves which were, of course, normal for them.

They were back to the regular friendship they had before they got awkward and Taehyung was nothing but thankful for that... they just had a little twist. Here and there Jungkook would walk by Taehyung, brush his shoulder against him, or even whisper dirty little words. Getting that Jungkook was teasing him but in front of their friends? It made him more paranoid whenever Jungkook would whisper something and one of the boys would ask what Jungkook said.

Now currently sitting in the back with his friend group. Deciding they would have a bonfire and a few drinks. Though they excluded Jungkook since he was still only seventeen. "Liking your banana milk, kid?" Jimin was sitting next to Yoongi on the outdoor love seat. Arm around Yoongi who was leaning forward to roast his wiener on a stick. Jungkook rolled his eyes after stabbing his straw into the banana milk carton. "For someone who is scared of me, you do like to push your limits." Jungkook looked at Jimin who smiled innocently.

"We can't have a decent hang out without one of us fighting with Jungkook I swear."  Hoseok put together his s'more while looking at Jungkook and Jimin. "Now cut it out. Let Jungkook drink his milk in peace and Jungkook, shut up about being the big alpha, we get it." Hoseok pointed at the two which caused his s'more to lose its balance on Hoseok's leg and fall. A light sigh coming from Hoseok who looked at the s'more on the ground.

Jungkook sat back with a huff, digging his nails into the palms of his hands just so he would calm himself down. It hurt for Jungkook but it was the only real way of calming himself down without any help from Taehyung or his mother. His temper was short but he was able to maintain it. Meanwhile, Jimin dropped the whole teasing topic and got up to make a hot dog for himself. Hoseok getting up to go grab another marshmallow- until Namjoon held out his s'more for Hoseok.

Hoseok looked at Namjoon for a moment before he gave a light smile and shook his head. "Eat up. I'll make another one. Anyone else want a s'more?" Hoseok asked the boys who shook their heads. Namjoon watched Hoseok head to the table that had everything before standing up and walking over to Hoseok. "So you can't even accept food from me?" Namjoon asked in a whisper.

Hoseok gulped while putting a marshmallow on his stick. "Not now Joon," Hoseok whispered back. The two playing it off like they were just simply getting food. "Then when? It's been months Hoseok, you can't keep dragging me along." Namjoon looked up at Hoseok and dropped the whole getting food thing. "We're mates, accept it or reject me so we can get it over with. It's that simple." Namjoon grabbed his stick and hot dog before leaving Hoseok at the table.

It was true... Hoseok and Namjoon were mates. Though it was not as easy as it sounded. When they found out they were mates, Hoseok was the one to push Namjoon away and act like the whole thing never happened. Told Namjoon they would talk about it later several times. Hoseok is an alpha while Namjoon ranks a beta. They've been friends for years, just like Jungkook and Taehyung but in this case, they are mates. Hoseok hated the whole 'mate' idea.

Hoseok had a different insight on love. He wasn't like others and didn't want to force himself to mate with someone he didn't like. Hoseok wanted to fall in love like how ordinary people fall in love. Wanted to fall in love slowly and not rush into things as mates do. It's expected once you find your mate that you move in, mate with each other, and then what? have babies? help each other through heats and ruts all their life? Hoseok didn't want that.