one

hannah and jj were perched atop jj's roof, passing a blunt back and forth, a half-eaten pizza sitting between the two.

"okay, okay, okay, would you rather have sex with a velociraptor or a lion?" jj asked.

hannah bit her lip, trying her best to contain her laughter before inevitably failing and letting hysterical tears stream down her face. "well," she coughed, "obviously the velociraptor," she said, passing him the joint and lying on her back.

jj grinned at the brunette girl, lifting the joint to his lips and taking a long drag before exhaling. "right answer," he said before leaning back and staring up at the night sky. "y'know, sometimes i miss when it was just you and me," he murmured.

"really? i love the crew-" jj cut her off.

"no no, don't get me wrong, i love our friends, just," he turned his head to face her, "i like it when it's just us sometimes. just hannah and jj." she smiled at him.

"yeah, i know what you mean."

"i feel like we're always with everyone, and we haven't been able to hang out in forever," jj said throwing his hands in the air.

"and get shit-faced," she added.

"and get shit-faced." he smiled.

the two sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes, just gazing at the stars. not many people got to see this side of jj, and it meant so much to hannah that he let her be one of them. "how's luke?" hannah asked.

jj sighed. "still a douche, but at least he passes out right when he gets home so i don't have to deal with his bullshit." jj turned to her, "how's ben?" he didn't miss the way she flinched when he said his name.

"uh," hannah gulped, "tomorrow would've been mom's birthday." jj shot up and looked at her fiddle with the ring on her thumb he'd given her for her birthday three years ago. jj moved to sit beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into him. he missed this. neither of the two were particularly comfortable in sharing their family life with their friends, but with each other it just felt so natural. "is it okay if i stay here for a couple days, i don't wanna see him." jj nodded his head and placed a quick kiss on the crown of her head.

after a few minutes, hannah pulled away from him and offered him a small smile, "wanna get shit-faced?"

"you know me too well, babydoll."

"well duh, that's why i'm your best friend."

"of course, just don't tell john b that."