two

hannah toyed silently with the joint in her fingers, watching as john b teetered on the roof, casually sipping his beer.

"that's what, a three-story fall?" pope called to him, "i give you about a one in three chance of survival." hannah chuckled at his bluntness.

john b hummed in acknowledgement before licking his finger and checking the wind. "should i do it?" he joked.

"oh yeah, suicide is always the answer," the girl replied, blowing smoke from her lips into jj's face. the blonde boy beside her laughed obnoxiously, slinging an arm around her shoulders and shooting her a shit-eating grin.

"yeah, jump," pope agreed, "i'll shoot you on the way down," pointing a drill at the boy and pretending to shoot. hannah rolled her eyes as the boys continued to bicker with one another before swiftly swiping the beer from jj and downing the rest of it. jj scoffed at her, stealing the blunt from her lips and taking a long drag.

"they're gonna have japanese toilets with towel warmers." hannah turned to see kiara making her way towards them from the inside of the unfinished house.

"of course they are, why wouldn't they," jj said.

"i can't have cold towels," john b replied.

"this used to be a turtle habitat," kie said, "but who cares about the turtles."

"i care, kie," hannah exclaimed, bringing her hand to her heart for added affect. kie sagged her shoulders in frustration, before noticing john b dangling his foot off the roof.

"can you please not kill yourself?" kie asked.

"no, no, please, let him," hannah said, earning a glare from john b.

"do whatever you want, just don't drop that beer," jj spoke up, "i'm not giving you another one." hannah laughed as, not a second later, john b dropped his beer, causing some of the liquid to splash onto hannah's leg.

"fuck you man," hannah called.

"of course you did, right when i told you not to," jj scolded causing hannah to laugh.

"uh, guys, security's here. let's wrap this up," pope called to them, pointing to the fat man and his partner making their way into the house.

"let's go, boys and girl," kie called, disappearing into the house.

jj pulled hannah up by her shoulder, drawing a groan from the girl's lips, and called up to john b, "alright, humpty dumpty, let's roll!"

hannah quickly snuck a look at the guards, gasping excitedly and tugging on jj's arm. "jj, look! it's gary!"

"gary, is that you?" jj exclaimed, before making his way into the house. the five teens laughed as they bumped into one another as they attempted to evade capture. "woah, not much of a hugger," jj said as gary tried to grab the boy.

"gary, that's so inappropriate! he's a minor!" hannah pretended to gasp before taking off into a sprint, picking up enough speed to pull herself over the fence. she quickly glanced behind her, watching jj push pope over the fence and heave himself over.

"bus is leaving," john b called from the driver seat of the beat up volkswagon.

"come on guys," kie called from the open side door.

hannah laughed, slowing herself down to align herself with a heaving, red-faced gary and turning around to run backwards alongside him. "come on, gary, you can do it!"

"hannah!" kie and pope yelled to the girl while jj just laughed at the girl's antics. hannah quickly turned around and gave gary's ass a quick smack before running to the bus.

"grab my hand, babydoll," jj called to her, grabbing her hand and pulling her in to land on his chest. jj grinned and pulled her back over to the door, leaning out and cheering on gary as hannah giggled.

"check out gary, gunning for a raise!"

"guys, stop. you're gonna give him a heart attack" kie reprimanded her two reckless friends.

jj ignored her, grabbing a beer from behind him and tossing it to gary. "they don't pay you enough, man," he called before shutting the door.

"you guys are assholes," pope remarked, pointing at the two giggling idiots sprawled on top of each other.

"oh come on, pope-sicle!" hannah chirped.

"that kind of initiative is begging to be punished," jj finished for her. hannah got up and pressed herself to jj's back, wrapping her arms around his neck and planting a kiss on the side of his face. he turned his neck to the smiling girl and shot her a grin of his own as the group of teens made their way home.

the outer banks: paradise on earth.