eight

hannah and kie giggled loudly as they skipped past the boys into the boneyard. jj and john b set down the keg, pope supervising nearby. john b wasted no time in tapping the keg before spraying beer onto jj's face and mouth.

"me next! me next!" hannah squealed, bumping jj's hip to make room for her in front of the stream of liquid. kie laughed, gently shoving her female friend in the shoulder as some of the beer splashed on her. the five joked around until the boneyard started to get more full and went their separate ways.

hannah was casually sipping beer from her red solo cup, pretending to be interested in whatever the kook hitting on her was talking about, sneaking glances at her friends in hopes that they were having a better time than she was. kie was pointing up at the sky, no doubt talking the random touron's ear off about astrology, while john b and pope were still handing out cups to the teens who were crowding around the keg. hannah continued looking around until her gaze landed on her blonde best friend who was flirting with some bleach-blonde touron who was throwing her head back and cackling at something he said. hannah quickly returned her attention to the kook, trying to ignore the dull throbbing of her heart. after five minutes of listening to the boy talk about his expensive golf clubs, she decided she had enough and placed her lips on his. though he was caught off guard, the boy quickly recovered and began kissing her back, and she briefly noted how much it felt like she was making out with a vacuum cleaner with a tongue. the boy, too preoccupied with groping her ass in a manner that he probably thought was 'hot,' didn't notice hannah slipping her hand into his back pocket and pulling out the leather wallet she'd been eyeing. as soon as she managed to slip the money into her bra, hannah didn't hesitate to break the kiss and walk away, leaving the stunned kook behind.

"beat it," hannah stated as she approached the blonde touron that jj had been hitting on.

the girl gave hannah a once-over before scoffing. "and why would i do that?"

hannah smiled sweetly. "because if you don't, i'm gonna smack that fake nose off your face so fucking heard that daddy's gonna have to buy you a new one."

if the girl had been a cartoon character, there would no doubt be steam coming out of her ears as she stormed off, leaving a laughing jj and smirking hannah alone.

jj grinned at hannah, slinging an arm around her shoulder. "oh come on, babydoll, she was hot!"

"eh," hannah shrugged, taking another sip of beer, "not really my type."

jj smiled, remembering the day she had opened up to him about her sexuality. they'd been surfing together, showing off for the large group of tourons that had been watching them, before stretching out on their boards and soaking up the sun's generous uv rays. he had pointed out this busty blonde in a pink two-piece that had been checking him out for the past twenty minutes, expecting her to roll her eyes or get jealous, but instead she just shrugged and told him that she was more of an ass kinda girl. he remembers the shock and incredulous look her gave her, to which she just laughed and told him she was bisexual.

"when did this happen?" he'd asked, "and why didn't i know about it?"

she shrugged again. "i don't know. i guess it never really came up, and i haven't really hooked up with that many girls, so i didn't think it was important." and, of course, he just sat there gaping, his hormonal teenage brain trying to prevent himself from imagining something he knew he shouldn't be thinking about.

"good that," jj said, snapping back to the present time, "or else i'd be stealing all your potential hookups away."

"i'm pretty sure it would be the other way around, jay," hannah teased, patting his shoulder. "oh, i almost forgot," hannah pulled out an expensive looking leather wallet, making jj grin. "kooks are just too easy sometimes."