Chapter 3

Warning: This chapter contains minor content that is inappropriate for some readers.

The Same Night: 11:30 PM

Tzuyu's POV

Jihyo and I returned to my apartment after our dinner. I gave her a pair of my old pyjamas to wear. We then did our night routines separately and wished each other a good night before going to separate rooms: me going to my own room and Jihyo headed off to my spare guest room.

That was an hour and a half ago, and I am still wide awake while lying down on my bed. There were too many thoughts running through my head. I was too confused by my own actions. Not only did I take Jihyo to that restaurant, but I comforted her when she needed it most. This wasn't something I would normally do. I should probably see a doctor to see if I'm sick.

"... And I let her stay here and promised to help her get her stuff back," I mumbled while letting out a frustrated sigh.

I tried closing my eyes to go to sleep, but I started to hear the sound of heavy rain pounding against my window. Moments later, I could hear thunder. What great timing. I wasn't afraid of thunder, but I can't fall asleep when it's this noisy.

"I guess I will just do some reading," I decided as I grabbed my phone from my nightstand.

Jihyo's POV

My eyes opened in shock as I quickly pulled the blanket over my head. I had just fallen asleep when I was woken up by the sudden sound of thunder. I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged them.

I am afraid of thunder and can't stand the sound of it or the lightning that comes before it. I had some bad experiences as a child and could never get over them. I have tried to get over my fears in the past, but I always ended up breaking down.

A flash of lightning illuminated the room and I pulled my knees even closer towards me as I let out a squeak. Moments later, thunder roared through the sky, causing me to let out a scream. I started crying uncontrollably.

Sana was always there beside me to comfort me whenever there was a thunderstorm. She would hug me and assure me that she was there to protect me. Those were the old days, and I was now alone.

Another clap of thunder roared through the sky. I strengthened myself, wiped my tears, grabbed the pillow I was using and made a dash out of the room. I immediately made my way down the hallway to Tzuyu's room.

"I hope she is awake," I sniffled before quietly knocking on Tzuyu's door.

Moments later, I could hear a "come in" from the other side of the door. I opened the door to see that Tzuyu was on her phone. I guess she couldn't sleep either. I entered her room and closed the door behind me.

"What can I do for you?" Tzuyu asked as she placed her phone down on her nightstand.

"I-I-I was won-won-wondering if---" I started saying but was interrupted by Tzuyu.

"Are you afraid of thunder?" Tzuyu asked with a smirk.

"N-n-no, of cour-course not!" I yelled while failing to not stutter.

I let out a muted scream when thunder roared even closer than before. I put my face in the pillow I was holding and started to cry. I knew I shouldn't have tried asking for help from Tzuyu. She gets a kick out of teasing me so of course she wouldn't hel---.

"Come lie down beside me," Tzuyu suddenly said.

I removed my face from the pillow and saw that Tzuyu had made space for me to her left on her bed. I instantly jumped into the space and laid the pillow down. I pulled up Tzuyu's blanket to cover the both of us before facing away from her.