Chapter 17

Monday Morning

Jihyo's POV

Tzuyu just dropped me off at work even though she came home really late last night; I told her that she didn't need to, but she insisted so I could not say no. I have been quite disappointed with Tzuyu for the whole weekend. Not because she comes home late but because she comes home with bruises covering her body.

I have tried talking to Tzuyu about what she has been doing to end up with these bruises, but she keeps on brushing the topic off. The few times she did respond to my questions, she said that she went to visit Dahyun and Chaeyoung, but then I would ask her what they did for her to get the bruises and she would just shrug.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the store doorbell rang. Nayeon and Jeongyeon came in through the café entrance with smiles on their faces. They went into the backroom to drop off their things before coming back to the front.

"How was your weekend?" Nayeon asked me.

I let out a sigh as a response. Nayeon and Jeongyeon glanced at each other before giving me a worried look. We each grabbed a cup of coffee before sitting down at a table.

"So, what happened?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Tzuyu went out Friday night and didn't tell me where she went. I woke up when I heard her coming home at around 2:00 A.M. I went out to check on her and she was covered in bruises. This happened again on Saturday and Sunday. I have been really worried about her because she refuses to tell me anything," I explained everything that happened with a sad look on my face.

Nayeon took a sip from her cup before nodding her head in understanding, "Where are the bruises located?"

I thought for a second before replying, "They were on her arms and legs."

"To be honest, from what I have gathered, we don't need to be worried, yet anyways," Jeongyeon stated her opinion.

"What do you mean 'yet anyways'?" I asked for clarification.

"Hmmm... I think this is a mix of gut feeling and seeing the aftermath of fights, but I don't think she was out fighting or anything of the sort," Jeongyeon explained.

"I don't think she is fighting either," Nayeon joined in.

"But then what could she be doing?" I sighed.

"My guess is as good as yours," Jeongyeon shrugged.

I let out yet another sigh, "This doesn't solve my issue though. Even if you two don't think Tzuyu is fighting, part of me is still going to be worried that she's doing dangerous things."

"I know it's part of your nature, but sometimes you need to trust her. I mean I guess I should be asking if you even trust her in the first place," Nayeon stated.

I smiled thinking about what has happened between Tzuyu and me since we met, "At first, no. Now? Yeah, I would say I trust her."

"Then let's trust her for now. My gut feeling says it's nothing bad," Jeongyeon stated with a smile.

"Okay, I trust you," I replied with a smile.

"More importantly," Nayeon started before smirking, "You trust Tzuyu, huh?"

"Of course, she stopped that creep from dragging me away at the beach," I replied matter-of-factly, trying to not blush.

"Oh really? That's the only reason? I do remember seeing her picking you up after work on Friday and dropping you off this morning," Jeongyeon joined in on the teasing.