Chapter 41

Saturday Afternoon

Tzuyu's POV

I was mad at myself for forgetting the fact that I had installed a tracking app on Jihyo-unnie's phone the one time I asked to play with her phone. I had a bad feeling, at the time, in the pit of my stomach that something was going to happen sooner or later. It proved to come in handy after Chaeyoung indirectly reminded me about it. I instantly headed to the police station, after leaving Dahyun and Chaeyoung's apartment, and got their help in saving Jihyo-unnie from captivity.

It took everything in my willpower to not beat Sana to a pulp as I watched a police officer bring her out in handcuffs from the room where she had kept Jihyo-unnie captive. I walked into the room and anger instantly filled me when I saw the state of Jihyo-unnie, but I was quickly filled with worry when I saw the tear falling down Jihyo-unnie's cheek. I wanted to turn around and dash out of the room to beat up Sana for hurting Jihyo-unnie, but all I could think about was focusing on Jihyo-unnie and comforting her.

I rushed to Jihyo-unnie's side and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me and started sobbing into my shoulder. I tightened my grip around her as I felt tears start welling up in my eyes. Jihyo-unnie held me tightly as she continued to cry.

I pulled back from the hug to get a good look at Jihyo-unnie. I wiped the tears from her eyes as she continued to sniffle. A police officer gave me a blanket and Jihyo-unnie's phone; I placed Jihyo-unnie's phone in her pocket before wrapping the blanket around her in a protective manner. I stood up and lifted Jihyo-unnie into my arms and brought her down to my car. I had already told the police that I would handle Jihyo-unnie the moment she was freed.

I placed Jihyo-unnie into the passenger seat and made sure that she was safe and secure. I quickly ran around to the driver's seat and got in. I started the engine and drove off towards home. Jihyo-unnie reached out for my hand and I intertwined my right hand with her hand. The ride was completely silent as Jihyo-unnie held my hand tightly as if she feared that I was going to leave her otherwise.

We arrived in the garage of the apartment building. I parked my car and got out. I ran to the passenger side and carefully unfastened Jihyo-unnie's seat belt before lifting her out of the car. Jihyo-unnie nuzzled herself into my chest as I brought her up to my... our home.

We entered our apartment and I took off my shoes before heading straight to our room. I carefully set Jihyo-unnie down on our bed before gently removing the blanket around her. Jihyo-unnie instantly wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down to the bed. She buried herself into my chest and started crying. I wrapped my arms around Jihyo-unnie and started stroking her head, trying my best to hold back tears that I refused to let fall.

"I was so scared," Jihyo-unnie said in a muffled voice.

"Shhh," I cooed as I continued to stroke her head, "It's alright; you don't have to worry about anything anymore. Sana is gone and I am here for you."

"It was disgusting. I thought that no one was going to stop her. I thought that she was going to do so much damage to me. I wanted to puke as she did those vile things to me," Jihyo-unnie explained how she felt as her whole body started to shake.

It was hard to keep my tears from falling after hearing what Jihyo-unnie said. It made me realize how close I was to losing her. What would have happened if I hadn't installed that tracking app on her phone? Would Jihyo-unnie still be here? I don't even want to think about the possibilities.

"I must confess my feelings for her," I thought to myself.

Jihyo-unnie and I remained in this position for at least half an hour. I continued to stroke Jihyo-unnie's head as she remained nuzzled into my chest. I whispered sweet words of assurance in an attempt to calm her down. It was all successful as Jihyo-unnie's body stopped shaking and I could only hear an occasional sniffle.