Chapter 18

Sunday: 12:30 A.M

Chaeyoung's POV

I was walking by myself to Tzuyu's uncle's factory to check on Tzuyu. Dahyun and I have taken turns to check on Tzuyu ever since she started working at the factory. We both make sure that Tzuyu does not overexert herself too much.

The reality of the situation is that Tzuyu is frail and her health is not the best. Although it does not show in her daily life and her actions, there are tasks that easily exhaust Tzuyu and makes it easier for her to injure herself. The bruises on Tzuyu's arms and legs that I have been seeing recently are all from her overexerting herself during work.

Tzuyu's uncle knows about his niece's health condition and has agreed to keep an eye on Tzuyu until either Dahyun or me arrives at the factory. I have talked to the man multiple times and he is a pleasant companion to kill time. We mainly talk about Tzuyu and sometimes talk about our hobbies as we don't have anything in common.

My phone suddenly started to ring in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw Tzuyu's uncle's name, so I accepted the call, "Hello, Tzuyu's uncle?"

"Chaeyoung! Come quick! Tzuyu collapsed and injured herself!" Tzuyu's uncle yelled quickly.

My eyes widened in shock at the news, "I will be there shortly!"

I hung up the call and started sprinting towards the factory. I arrived two minutes later just as the paramedics arrived in an ambulance. I followed behind the paramedics and they led me to Tzuyu lying unconscious on the ground being surrounded by her coworkers and her uncle.

"Chaeyoung!" Tzuyu's uncle yelled my name when he saw me standing near the paramedics.

I ran over to Tzuyu's uncle who had a concerned look on his face, "Do you know what happened to her?"

Tzuyu's uncle shook his head, "No, she was working the line and then suddenly collapsed. She has been unresponsive ever since."

Worry washed over my face, "Dammit, Tzuyu. Why didn't you take it easy like I asked you to? You know you can't overexert yourself," I muttered under my breath.

Tzuyu's uncle placed a hand on my shoulder to get my attention, "Can I ask you to go with them to the hospital?"

I nodded my head, "Of course! Leave Tzuyu to me!"

"Thank you," Tzuyu's uncle smiled.

I walked up to an available paramedic and told them that I was Tzuyu's friend and that I would be going with them to the hospital. The paramedic agreed and led me to the ambulance. Moments later, the rest of the paramedics arrived with Tzuyu on a stretcher. They loaded Tzuyu into the ambulance and began to monitor her health. We then started to drive off to the hospital.

I pulled out my phone and called Dahyun who immediately picked up, "Dahyun, meet me at the hospital right now!"

"Why?! What happened?!" Dahyun asked, panic showing in her voice.

"Tzuyu collapsed, I'm in the ambulance with her and we are heading to the hospital," I explained.

"Alright, I am heading there right now!" Dahyun yelled before hanging up.

The ambulance arrived at the hospital and the paramedics got out and pulled Tzuyu into the hospital. I followed behind them but was stopped by a nurse after the paramedics went through an "authorized personnel only" door. The nurse asked me for all the information I had, and I complied with whatever information I could give.

I was escorted to the waiting room where I was asked to wait for a nurse to come to update me of Tzuyu's status. Dahyun arrived a few minutes later looking frantic. I called her over and she started asking me questions in rapid succession. I calmed her down before answering her questions and we began to play the waiting game.