Chapter 28

Monday Evening

Tzuyu's POV

Jihyo-unnie decided to take the day off to take care of me the whole day. I was feeling perfectly fine when I woke up, but she just wasn't having any of it. I was more or less bedridden as Jihyo-unnie would not let me leave my bed. Speaking of which, she also never left my side unless necessary. Jihyo-unnie made the both of us breakfast, lunch, and dinner on top of cleaning all of the dishes all on her own, refusing to let me help at all.

It was kind of frustrating just lying in bed not helping Jihyo-unnie when I am perfectly capable of helping her; however, it also made me realize that my heart fell for the perfect woman. The way that Jihyo-unnie took care of me made me realize how caring she really was. The way she scolded me for trying to leave my bed showed that she had my health as her highest priority. It all made me feel special and warm inside, making me want more and more of this feeling. My heart was constantly beating rapidly throughout the day as I fell deeper and deeper in love with Jihyo-unnie.

I had to call in sick for the first time since I started working with Elkie because of Jihyo-unnie. Elkie was very understanding of the situation and told me to take care of myself first. I omitted the bit about Jihyo-unnie taking care of me, and the fact that she came back to me for that matter, as I wanted to tell her in person. I spent most of my evening chatting with Jihyo-unnie as she watched me edit photos before we went to sleep in our separate beds.

Tuesday Morning

Jihyo's POV

Tzuyu drove me to work like she was doing two weeks ago. I was kind of worried as Tzuyu just recovered from her fever, but she insisted that she drive me to work; and I had no choice but to oblige to her offer. I was doing my usual pre-work tasks in the empty café for about 15 minutes before Nayeon and Jeongyeon walked in through the entrance.

"Jeongyeon, look who we have here," Nayeon said in an exaggerated tone as I tried my best to ignore them, "It's Jihyo. The one who abandoned work to take care of her woman!"

"Tzuyu is not my woman!" I quickly denied, unable to ignore Nayeon's clear attempts at teasing me.

Jeongyeon started smirking, making me realize that I messed up, "Oh? Who said we were referring to Tzuyu?"

"Yeah, maybe we are referring to a different woman that you have been staying with for the past month," Nayeon added on.

"Stop trying to change your wording! You know full well that the only person you can be referring to is Tzuyu," I sighed, giving up the will to argue against these two.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon started laughing at my expression. It took about two minutes before the both of them calmed down. The air around us suddenly became tense as the both of them suddenly had serious expressions on their faces.

"What do you honestly think about Tzuyu?" Nayeon asked in a serious tone of voice that I rarely hear.

"I think Tzuyu is an interesting person. She was an asshole at first, but all of that disappeared lately. Under that bad personality is a sweet and soft person. She is willing to make meals for me and let me rest when it is clear that she herself is exhausted; not only that, but she tries her best to drive me to work in the morning even though she comes home late because of work," I explained some of my honest thoughts on Tzuyu before pausing momentarily to think about my next words, "It is very clear that she treats those close to her with utmost care and coldly to those she isn't close to. Tzuyu just has a special power of making people feel special, and, in return, ignites an urge inside of you to see her happy. Honestly? Whoever gets to make her their significant other is lucky."