Chapter 22

An Hour After Dahyun and Chaeyoung Left Their Apartment

3rd Person POV

Nayeon and Jeongyeon received a text message from Dahyun and Chaeyoung to meet up urgently to talk about something very important. They were given directions that they followed and found themselves at the entrance to a rather suspicious alleyway.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were not sure why Dahyun and Chaeyoung wanted to meet them here, but they did not question it and started to walk into the alleyway. Jeongyeon realized after they walked several metres into the alleyway that the alleyway led to a dead-end. Against all common sense, the two women walked even further into the alleyway, reaching the dead-end.

Jeongyeon started examining the wall in case there was a secret passage, while Nayeon turned around. A moment later, Nayeon screamed, causing Jeongyeon to turn around in shock. Nayeon and Jeongyeon could see two dark figures standing at the entrance of the alleyway.

Jeongyeon pulled Nayeon behind her before taking a step forward, "Whoever you are, I'm not afraid to fight you!" she shouted aggressively.

The two figures walked closer to Nayeon and Jeongyeon and it became clear that they were wearing hoods. Nayeon gripped onto Jeongyeon's shirt as fear set in. Jeongyeon held one of Nayeon's hands and squeezed it lightly to reassure Nayeon while keeping one hand free just in case she needed to fight.

The two figures stopped roughly two metres in front of Nayeon and Jeongyeon. They took off their hoods and revealed themselves to be Dahyun and Chaeyoung. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were surprised by the reveal while the two younger women donned smiles.

Jeongyeon let out a sigh of relief before glaring at the two younger women, "Jesus Christ you two! Why were you being so suspicious?!"

Chaeyoung chuckled, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you two. I just wanted to have a dramatic entrance."

Nayeon rubbed her temples before letting out a sigh, "What was so important that you two needed to see us urgently? Couldn't it have waited?"

Dahyun donned a sad expression before looking down slightly, "Jihyo-unnie has gone back to Sana."

Nayeon's expression dropped at the revelation, "Oh... That is urgent."

Jeongyeon looked at Dahyun with a surprised expression on her face, "What?! How do you two know that?"

Chaeyoung let out a sigh before looking at Nayeon in the eye, "I think you two know the situation, right?"

Nayeon nodded her head, "If you are referring to Tzuyu appearing to have feelings for Jihyo then the answer is yes."

"Tzuyu called Dahyun and me after Jihyo told her that Jihyo was going back to Sana. Tzuyu was quite... distraught when we visited her. That was when she told us everything," Chaeyoung explained with a sad smile.

"Is Tzuyu okay?" Jeongyeon asked with a worried expression.

Dahyun nodded her head, "Yeah, we were able to cheer her up, but she was very close to a full-on meltdown."

"You know," Nayeon started, " I had a bad impression of Tzuyu from everything that I've heard from other people about her and seen with my two eyes, but it seems like all of that was wrong. She's actually not a bad person and, if I dare say, is probably a better match for Jihyo than Sana is. No offense to Sana before the whole cheating thing."

Chaeyoung let out a chuckle, "Those people aren't technically wrong; they just haven't seen the real Tzuyu yet."

"What do you mean?" Jeongyeon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Does Tzuyu still act kind of arrogant or douchey towards you two?" Chaeyoung asked, gaining a nod from Nayeon and Jeongyeon, "That's the 'fake' Tzuyu. Now does she act soft when interacting with Jihyo-unnie?" she asked again, gaming another nod, "That's the 'real' Tzuyu. She uses her 'fake' self to protect herself."

"What do you mean?" Nayeon asked with a confused look on her face, "Why would she be doing that? Wouldn't it be better if she was 'real' all the time?"

Dahyun shrugged her shoulders, "It's not our place to tell you the reason. Even telling you about the 'real' and 'fake' Tzuyu is already pushing the limit. We just wanted you to know that Tzuyu is not a bad person."

Jeongyeon held her hand up to get everyone's attention, "Wait, hasn't Tzuyu been coming home late lately on the weekend with bruises and injuries? Jihyo told us that Tzuyu said it was from fights. What is that all about?"

"That's becau---" Chaeyoung started but was interrupted by Dahyun.

"Chaeyoung, that is also not our place to speak about," Dahyun reminded Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung nodded her head in agreement, "Right, sorry, we can't say much about that. I can only say it's nothing bad, illegal, or whatever bad things you two may be thinking."

Nayeon let out a sigh, "Fine, whatever. What should we do now then?"

Dahyun sighed while shrugging her shoulders, "Honestly? I don't know. Chaeyoung and I are going to monitor the situation with Tzuyu. This is the first time Tzuyu has actually fallen in love, and we are concerned that this is going to heavily affect her even if she doesn't show it."

"Really?!" Jeongyeon asked, shocked by Dahyun's revelation, "I did not expect that from the 'playgirl'."

"No one would expect that 'Tzuyu the Playgirl' has never fallen in love before," Chaeyoung chuckled.

Nayeon caressed her chin while nodding her head, "Interesting... That might explain some things about her personality."

"There's an actual reason for what you two have seen and heard about Tzuyu. It's a complex thing, and I am in no position to tell you two," Dahyun explained.

Jeongyeon nodded her head in understanding, "Alright, that's fine. Nayeon and I will keep an eye on Jihyo."

Chaeyoung smiled at Jeongyeon, "Thanks, keep us posted."

Nayeon smiled as well, "Likewise, let us know what happens with Tzuyu."

"Alright, talk to you two soon," Dahyun stated.

All four women then walked out of the alleyway. They all waved goodbye to each other before Nayeon and Jeongyeon, and Dahyun and Chaeyoung went their separate ways. Everyone was hopeful that the situation would turn out the way that they wished for.

---TWICE---

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back with another update! Dahyun and Chaeyoung be so extra at the beginning of this chapter that we got a 2Yeon moment. More importantly, some details about Tzuyu has been revealed to both the readers, and Nayeon and Jeongyeon. I wonder how the situation will play out. I am not sure which ship I am sailing more right now, and I am the one writing this story. Anyways, until next time, thank you for the support!

P.S. I am surprised by how much of this story I've written in the past month and a few days. For my last story, I had periods of months where I didn't write anything at all.