Chapter 12

Monday Morning Immediately After the Beach Excursion

Jihyo's POV

I was already at work preparing for the morning rush by myself as I ended up coming to work a bit early. The rest of the photoshoot at the beach on Saturday went smoothly; Tzuyu took me out to dinner as payment for being her model before we went back to the apartment. Sunday was rather relaxing as we just went grocery shopping before lazing about in the apartment doing nothing.

"Morning, Jihyo, how was your weekend?" Jeongyeon greeted me as she walked through the front door.

"Probably hell if what people said about Tzuyu is right," Nayeon commented as she followed behind Jeongyeon.

I let out a laugh in response, "It was actually pretty pleasant. Tzuyu took me to the beach to take pictures for her freelancing photography work. She also protected me from this creep who almost dragged me off to who knows where."

Jeongyeon's eyebrows slanted downwards, showing a worried expression, "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, Tzuyu scared the man off with her dark aura. Even I was scared of it, and I wasn't on the receiving end of her aura.

Nayeon waved her hands in front of us to get our attention, "Hold up! Tzuyu took you to the beach to take pictures? That actually sounds pleasant; it's like the complete opposite of what our customers have said."

My lips curved up into a wide smile, "That's why I refuse to judge her based on what other people have said. She was actually really sweet when she protected me. She felt really bad that she didn't stop the guy sooner."

"Could you perhaps be catching feelings for Tzuyu?" Nayeon asked with a smirk on her face.

"No! I'm just saying it was sweet! That's all!" I quickly denied Nayeon's accusation.

A smirk appeared on Jeongyeon's face, "I mean, I approve of her. She looked badass in her clothes when she visited last Friday."

I started to pout at these two teasing me, "Stop it! I am not ready for another relationship so soon!"

"Oh?" Nayeon started to wiggle her eyebrows, "So you aren't denying that you may or may not be catching feelings for Tzuyu?"

I facepalmed at Nayeon's logic before realizing something. I looked at Nayeon and Jeongyeon with a smirk, "Or you know? You two could admit that you two have feelings for each other."

"WE DO NOT!" Nayeon and Jeongyeon yelled at the same time.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Rightttt. Okay, I believe you two. Whatever you two say."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon went separate ways to get ready for work even though they would normally drop off their things in the office in the back together. I laughed knowing that I had succeeded in beating them at their own game. I continued with my preparations until the first customer walked through the door.

Customer traffic slowed down after lunch. I took a quick break to drink some water in the backroom when I heard the store doorbell ring. I quickly rushed out while wearing a smile, but it instantly turned into a frown when I saw who it was.

"Sana..." I scoffed under my breath.

Sana waved at me with one hand, while her other hand was behind her back, "Jihyo... It's good to see you... I came to visit."

"How about you don't?" I replied coldly.

"Jihyo, I wanted to give you this," Sana said as she revealed that she was holding a bouquet of flowers behind her back. I took a quick glance at them and could only guess that there was close to 88 red roses.

"I don't want them," I rejected the flowers.

Sana let out a sigh as she placed the bouquet down on the counter, "Jihyo, please. Give me another chance. I know I fucked up, and I can't forgive myself for what I did; but I still love you. Let me prove it to you."

I grabbed the bouquet and threw it at Sana, "PROVE IT?! YOU PROVED IT WITH YOUR ACTIONS!" I yelled angrily, getting the attention of other customers.

Sana looked around in a panic, "Jihyo, please don't attract attention," she attempted to calm me down but failed horribly.

"YOU COME IN HERE ASKING FOR MY FORGIVENESS, AND NOW YOU DARE TELL ME TO NOT ATTRACT ATTENTION?!" I questioned, moments away from throwing Sana out of the café.

Sana shook her head, "No, that's not what I meant! I don't want your customers getting the wrong idea."

"WRONG IDEA?! AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO ME?!" I questioned while a tear started to fall down my cheek.

"I know I fucked up, but I don't want to lose you," Sana whispered, loud enough for only me to hear.

"You should have considered that before you hurt me," I scoffed as my tears continued to fall.

Jeongyeon rushed out from the office in the back and Nayeon rushed out from the washroom. The both of them looked around, trying to figure out what the commotion was. Surprise washed over their faces when they saw Sana standing in front of me and the look on my face.

"Sana, I will call the cops if you continue this disturbance," Jeongyeon threatened as she walked up to us.

Sana let out a defeated sigh, "Fine, but I am not giving up," she declared before walking out of the café with the damaged roses in her hand.

Nayeon pulled me into the backroom, while Jeongyeon took over for me at the cash register. Nayeon pulled me into a hug, and I instantly broke down. Nayeon rubbed my back as she assured me that Jeongyeon and her would be here for me whenever I needed it. We stood in this position for a few minutes until I finally calmed down.

"Are you okay now?" Nayeon asked as she pulled away from the hug.

I nodded my head as I wiped my last remaining tears from my eyes, "Yeah..."

"But why do I feel bad?" I asked myself.

Nayeon let me take an extended break after what happened. I appreciated it as I wasn't sure if I could face customers at the moment; however, I didn't take the full time and quickly recovered to the point that I could go out and serve customers. Nayeon and Jeongyeon looked at me with a worried expression, but I reassured them that I was fine.

Sana visited the café every day for the remainder of the week like she had declared. She didn't say anything and just gave me a bouquet of 88 roses and a letter each time before quickly leaving. I was going to throw out the roses but decided to give them to our customers instead who ended up appreciating the gesture; I kept the letters because a part of me... was curious about what she wanted to say.

---TWICE---

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back with another update!  2Yeon needs to stop teasing Jihyo if they won't admit that they are a thing. Also, it seems like Sana is trying to win Jihyo's heart back or at least get Jihyo to forgive her. I do wonder what Sana wrote in those letters... Anyways, until next time, thank you for the support!