My Soulmate

Where are you? I need you. Today has been unbearable. My head has become an anchor and I am going under in a sea. I long for your arms to embrace me like waves and your shoulder to become my life vest keeping my head above water.
I need your chest to cry on when my mouth is unable to speak when you already understand my pain. I've told you the reasons and while it breaks your heart to see me like this, you wouldn't want me to shatter in any other irreversible way.
I have thought about escaping time and time again, but I'm sticking it out for you. I hope you're doing the same for me.
I've been waiting for you. I'm looking for you in every face and listening for you every time someone speaks.
I want your vices and your virtues. Tell me the same childhood story over and over again- the one I could probably recite alongside you- and I will happily engage as long as your eyes light up with humor like the very first time. Whisper your fears to me before we fall asleep and I will pull you closer. Let me know all the thoughts fighting in your head, even the ones that are hard to say. Your silence might drive me insane knowing you're losing the battle. Your monsters don't scare me. Let me fight them with you.

I don't know you, but I love you endlessly.